OS license pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS license pack?

I am trying to figure out what I would need to legally sell a computer that I built and includes an OS. Do I actually have to go out and purchase a Retail or OEM version of an OS and include it with the computer or is there some kind of License That I can pay for that will enable me to install and include an OS. I can't make heads or tails out of the Microsoft website. Google hasn't helped much either. Could someone possibly steer me in the right direction.
    Thanx

Though I'm not 100% sure, I don't think it legal to sell the machine with a copy and lic. pak. The lic. pak is for adding machines at your location. I'm not sure if they would catch you though, or what MS would do.

Comment

Well that partially answers my question. I have just heard the term license pack before. Now I at least know what that is. However; if I wanted to be legit and build computers and sell them with OS's, how would I do that. I can't believe that A Retail or OEM version has to be purchased for each computer. If that were the case, no one could build or resale a computer and compete with the Big Boys. Hmm.. Maybe that is the way it works.
      Any Ideas?

Comment

You should probably ask Microsoft how it goes about giving out licenses for including OSes on computers.
        I do know that different companies do different things. For example, Gateway includes a full version of Windows along with a license number with its computer. At the same time, Hewlett Packard includes the OS pre-installed but with no included CD.

But you probably need to ask someone that works for a large OEM company or for Microsoft itself.

Comment

Maybe this page will help:

Comment

Yep, I found that site too. I am still wading through it. Thanx

Comment

Working...
            X