Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP Pro embedded Q****** updates not installing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro embedded Q****** updates not installing?

Hi all, This is my first post here, what a great forum, much bigger than most i've visited. My problem is, I can install most windows updates but when it is one of these embedded Q823*** ones as soon after I press the install button I get the error message box "QFE Installer Error" with " WEUpdate cannot retrieve information needed for setup from database. Setup cannot continue". I have 8 of these to install and all give the same error message. Could it be because of some service I have disabled? I have XP SP1 installed and all other XP Pro updates installed apart from these. Can anyone help me ? Many thanks in advance.

Does it give an error message? Please post the message, if so.

Comment

I did.
      Originally posted by Ed
      I get the error message box "QFE Installer Error" with " WEUpdate cannot retrieve information needed for setup from database. Setup cannot continue".

Comment

But nothing else....
        Google it. I can't post much right now so I'll get to this later.

Comment

Got nothing of value from google either :(

Comment

I guess this has got everybody stumped then.

Comment

You can search around on Google on your own a bit more. I, for one, won't put that much effort into it.

If you can't figure it out, a reinstall should fix it.

Comment

If you are not interested in putting in effort to help someone, then don't bother leaving a stuck up comment.

Comment

That's wasn't a stuck-up comment...

You can either search through Google on your own (which you can do just as well as I can...), or you can reinstall the operating system.

Comment

If you had read my post..... "Got nothing of value from google either" you would have realised I HAD searched google, for hours with no luck as it happens, thats why I posted here.
                    As for...."That's wasn't a stuck-up comment" ... Really? Do you tell every person posting a query here that "I, for one, won't put that much effort into it" ? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed
                      for hours with no luck as it happens, thats why I posted here.
                      I figured you had just spent five minutes and not really tried. My point was that I have no idea how to fix this without a reinstall (actually, have you tried system restore? that might work). I do in fact tell people to go search Google all the time. Some are so lazy that they come here, and ask a question that the first result from a Google search can answer. Basically, I won't spend hours searching on Google for you. I didn't realize you had already put time into Google. I was telling you to put a bunch of time into Google. Reinstalling would probably be an easier fix at this point.
                      You can also try various Microsoft searches, as they can be a good way to avoid the crap given by Google.

But if Google and MS haven't found anything useful, try System Restore or reinstall Windows XP. :2cents:

Comment

Working...
                      X