No announcement yet.

EU planning massive fine against Microsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I say. However, the lawsuit is more due to the idea the Microsoft is a monopoly.
    BTW, the rant tag hasn't been added into HTML support. You have to use the vB rant tag.
    [code:1:56e0029485][rant]your rant here[/rant][/code:1:56e0029485]
    :P

Comment

Originally posted by #Hashx#
      Originally posted by zeradul

They'll see military action from the US before they see a cent of whatever ridiculous ruling they make.
      Don't forget that were in Iraq atm :thumb:
      My point was that there is no way the US government would allow such a ruling to happen. MS is a US based company.

However, Do you realize only just a few percent of our military is (or has ever been) in Iraq?

Comment

Not to mention that with the exceptions of the U.K. and France (nuclear weapons), Iraq was more powerful militarily than Europe. Plus we already have thousands of troops in Europe.

I doubt it would ever come down to military action. However, the EU can sue all they want and they won't get a dime out of Microsoft. They could make it illegal to sell Microsoft products, but they would just end up making it worse for themsleves.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
          Here's a short list of just a few of the companies that do the same thing Microsoft does with this software bundling.

Red Hat Inc.
          Lindows.com
          MandrakeSoft
          SUSE Inc.
          read minibubba's point again and please don't talk about those companies again or you will just make me start :P
          imo this ruling is a joke but any company supplying Linux OS is doing things way differently then what is happening on MS field.
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Windows Media Player is removable, it's just difficult (easiest when done outside the OS). Just like virtually every component suplied by Linux distrobutors is removable. Those can also be somewhat (I should emphasize somewhat) difficult to be remove, but generally not nearly as difficult as Windows Media Player.

You can, however, remove the links and shell integration fairly easy.

I suppose Linux is harder to compare since most distros can be completely customized. to include nothing but the kernel.

Mac, however, is different. I'm not so experienced with it, but last time I checked, there were versions of Mac that came with software (other than let's say, file manager/shell and anything vital to the OS) that were as integrated with the OS as WMP is with some versions of Windows.

In any case, it's irrelevant. As has been stated, no one forces you to use Windows Media Player. Whether or not it's removable does not affect whether or not someone can buy other software. It's the presence of it that influences your decision, and Microsoft wasn't the first company to include "unncessary" software with its OS.

I was just using Linux distros to make a point. I have no problem with any of those companies or Linux. Let's see, so far I have downloaded and used Knoppix, RedHat 7.3, RedHat 9, and Mandrake 10. :P

Just as long as we all agree this suit is :thumbs do even if Microsoft is also :thumbs do

Comment

I think most of us can agree on that much!
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well, yea this suit is definatly laughable.

But MS is just fine. For every 1 'questionable' activity you hear about in the news, there is another 99 (or likely 999) activities that MS is really kicking ass at. It's not the good that makes the news, it's the bad. And what has made the news lately? LOL THIS? ROFL.... What was before this, Viruses exploiting Vulnerabilities that were patched WEEKS before the viruses (viri) were even released? C'mon...

Microsoft is really an incredible business. But everyone has they're critics, and the better you are, the easier target you become.

Comment

Sometimes We fail to Relize that Microsofts code is written by over 2000 diffrent people on over 50 billion lines of code that someone has to take charge over....

===============================================
                  I only judge Microsoft on this:

1 .It on-purposely made its Propietery code hostile to Novel network so you would have to manualy change,edit,configure things that were unecessary had it been microsoft apporved or micrsoft friendly certified.

2. why is Windows no.1 on every hackers hit list
                  Why is Windows source code "leaked" all of the time
                  Why do things like Msblaster happen?
                  why do things like Chenorble virus happen?
                  Why are their so many Vuneralbilites for Corporations Operating system(Nt Server SII that contain valuable info)

3. Why are they helping The Sco group to try and give Linux/rehat/unix (who have Free!!!! (open source and Gui version that kick Xp right into the looser list of Eye-candyto me and others I know) a pair of "conrete shoes?"
                  +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I praise Microsoft of this

I think that the Kind's of People who are helping Halflife2 make their game(Microsoft) and that brought the Xbox and xbox live feature and those who make Dx/direct3d/directplay gaming Miracles happen are fantastic, and I think they Are absolutley the best!!!
                  ===============================================
                  I question Microsoft on this

Why are there so many diffrent sites who share the same ideals about Microsoft(bill gates as he is the head chairman......:rolleyes2:)

Why are there so many conspiray theories about Events and happening that are backed by solid eveidnece and Reliable intel.?

Why does Micosoft Screw up at the most inoppurtune time(usualy when everything thing has been tested and is working fine...until you need it :)?

Why does it consume every natural availible resource?

Comment

Working...
                  X