dual windows installations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual windows installations

I've setup a few dual boot installations using partition magic fairly simply and creating two bootable OS partitions, however a friend with a Windows Me machine with two partitions (one for data the other with the windows installation) formatted the data partition and installed WinXP over it, this boots fine but for some reason Windows doesn't detect a second OS and provides no boot selection. I'd really apreciate it if anyone had any idea how to boot up this dormant partition (it's still accesible and viewable within XP), as he's gone and left some programs he badly needs in the coming week . Thanks for any help.

Post what's ine C:\boot.ini (open it with notepad). You will have to enable system files to be viewed in folder option (in control panel). You might be able to fix it by editing it's contents.

Comment

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

you need to edit your Boot.ini file. follow the link provided and edit it according to your requirement.
      [edit]Yawgm0th: beat me to it[/edit]
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
      X