Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access secure sites.

Help,

In the last few days I've found it impssible to access the login pages for sites like Banks, Airlines etc, in fact any page that requires password entry to open.

I can get to the Homepage, but as soon as I attempt to enter the logon page I get the "this page can not be displayed" message.
    I cannot access the windows update page either.

I've used the Microsoft "Mydoom" check and fix file and it reports Mydoom is not present

Can anyone help please?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm using XP Pro.

Comment

since you didn't specify, I'm going to assume you are using IE. If that's the case, what are your security settings? (Internet Options\Security)

you could also try an alternative browser (such as firefox, link in sig) and see if you still have problems connecting to these sites :)

Comment

Thanks Bubba,

Security settings are default with the setting on Medium.

Comment

some good help on that page.

That page also links to a site which verifies your ability to connect to secure sites.

I'm happy to report FireFox passed with flying colors :D
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanks Mr C,

I checked my Norton Personal Firewall 2003, 6.0 and noticed it was inoperable so I uninstalled it.....Still no access.

I then went to this page you recommended....

Followed their instructions and "BINGO", back in business.

I'm still cogitating whether to reload the "Norton Personal Firewall."its the first time I've had probs with it since I installed it about a year ago , what do you guys think?

Thanks again to you all.
            Regards
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by allie
              , what do you guys think?
              Norton has been an issue for some people, while others have had no problems.

Seems to me the majority of folks around here are quite happy with the free offerings from Sygate
              or ZoneAlarm
              I've used both at different times with much satisfaction.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
              X