Defragging XP using ME defrag utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albinus
    I have actually had a very different situation with Norton SystemWorks... I only ever use Norton Disk Doctor and Speed Disk, with no problems at all. I would be very happy to pay for a "cut-down" version of SystemWorks with only these two programs - the rest of the suite is :thumbs do IMHO.
    I dunno what to say since Norton utilities which includes DD & SD seems to cost more than system works whereever I look.

I do like the fact that you can run SpeedDisk off the Norton utilities CD without installing Norton utilities.

you can also boot off the CD to run Disk Doctor, Disk Edit, UnErase, & something else [WipeInfo maybe?]..

Comment

Originally posted by Ewen
      I dual boot using ME and XP but I find that defragging with XP seems to take forever and after it's done the files never look 'continuos' (no blank spots) like they do in ME. If I have booted into ME can I defrag both systems from there without causing problems?:bounce:
      I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Not because it won't work or will do any harm - it won't. But because XP actually puts the "holes" there for performance reasons. Also XP will put the files in certain order, which you won't get with the ME defragger.

Comment

Working...
      X