No announcement yet.

Install Windows without CDROM/Floppy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm... this is a very interesting dilemma. Everything I can think of is either a program that runs in Windows / DOS, or requires initial booting from another device.

Is there any software / application that will allow partition changes in debian while it's running? That would make life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
      hmmm... this is a very interesting dilemma. Everything I can think of is either a program that runs in Windows / DOS, or requires initial booting from another device.
      same here, i can't think of anything, and I can't find anything that doesn't at least require a floppy :shrug:

Comment

If a partition can be created seperately from the main one, then it's workable. if not, I can't see how to do it.

Comment

if there is a way to get into the case without destroying it then the HDD could be removed and put into another system and all sorts of things could be done then

but then again if he could get to the HDD he could proabably hook up a CD-ROM as well...

Comment

debain is linux right? will this work: QTparted

it is a Partiton Magic clone for linux... i ran accross it earlier today while I was looking for something else...I had completely forgot about it : omg:

some download links: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtparted/

Comment

Yes, Debian is a distro of Linux so....
              Great Find!

I've never heard of this program before. Right now its after 1am, so I'll get back to you tomorrow after I try this out.

Again, thanks! :)

Comment

great going minibubba :thumb:

optimus
                if that partition magic for Linux works, and if you are not too comfortable with DOS then Wine would be the way to go for you. once that partition is there...you can do things with a USB drive even from Linux.
                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                jabber : [email protected]
                =======================
                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I'd be more than willing to try both approaches, but I've run into a bit of a snag.

I'm missing one file that is needed for QTParted to run.

The file is libqtc102-mt.

I can't seem to find this file anywhere. Anyone know where to find it?

So close...:)

Comment

you seem to be missing a dependency of QTParted and i feel that u r searching for wrong file name.
                    i tried www.rpmfind.net, the mecca for finding dependencies, but couldn't get any results for libqtc102-mt. imo u r just making a typo error in the name of the file.
                    anyways there is another similar software on which QTParted is based, known as Parted .
                    you can give that a try.
                    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                    ======================
                    jabber : [email protected]
                    =======================
                    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                    X