No announcement yet.

DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I guess that is why both Asklepios and myself referred to PersianImmortal as THE person to help with these issues.

I've browsed both XP guides before but I must admit I forgot about the error codes.

I found the other links that I posted when trying to solve issues with my husbands Me machine but finally gave up and reformatted last night.

Here's a question for all of you...

Reformatted the 10 gig main drive for XP NTFS installed SP1 and got the wireless network up. The machine is all pristine and clean now.

The 40 gig slave drive is still in FAT 32. I plan on formatting it through XP to NTFS today. Is that the best way to do it? (ya know.. right click...format?)

Slim....TweakTown is an amazing place!! When I first came to this place I was just an average lost "end" user. But spending time here, reading responses and guildes that have been written has increased my knowledge immensley. (hasn't helped my spelling a bit though :wow: )

Comment

Originally posted by G Smith

The 40 gig slave drive is still in FAT 32. I plan on formatting it through XP to NTFS today. Is that the best way to do it? (ya know.. right click...format?)
      best way I know how to do it (without using 3rd aprty software) is to go to Computer Management under Admin. Tools in the Control Panel

once there, click on Disk Management , right click on the HDD/partiton and you should be able to figure out the rest :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
        Pretty thorough doc though... It would be nice if it had a TOC with clickable links to the topics inside... then you wouldn't have to sift thru it all but that's prolly just cuz I'm lazy :o
        you are not alone...i have always wanted that thing :laugh:

G Smith
        about that formatting part...well imo no matter which way you use to format the drive (whether it is the right click --> format or the way minibubba explained or from command prompt), it will use the same file i.e. format.com with same variables that you pass (example quick format or watever u want).
        so unless u r using a third party software, then right click and quick format will work without any probs.
        though i like command prompt...may be cos it has more options and cos i like black colour :p
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I didn't think u could do a quick format when going from FAT32 to NTFS can you?

Comment

I didn't think u could do a quick format when going from FAT32 to NTFS can you?
            no, but you can convert a fat32 drive to ntfs; but I don't recomend it...a complete format will do better

Comment

You might want to update it to include the fact that the DRVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL can (in most certainly in my case) be caused by a corrupt page file. I've rebooted probably 30 times now with no problems since removing and then recreating the page file.
              My aim in my guide was simply to start people in the right direction for the solution. To be honest that error can be caused by a range of things, from faulty pagefile, bad RAM, too aggressive timings for the RAM, overclocking on the CPU or Video Card, corrupted graphics or sound drivers, etc. etc. If I went into too much detail the guide would be 30 pages long, then noone would read it :)

[b]
              Pretty thorough doc though... It would be nice if it had a TOC with clickable links to the topics inside... then you wouldn't have to sift thru it all but that's prolly just cuz I'm lazy :o
              A table of contents would be too much work for me I'm afraid. I'm lazy too you know. Why do you think I refer people to my guides all the time - saves me retyping the answer :thumb:
              My Machine

Comment

: omg: I thought it was a work in progress... so I was providing some input from a users POV : peace2:

I kept thinking about the swap file... could changing that have done it? nah... couldn't have... so I kept putting it in on the back burner... til asklepios hammered it into my head to do that first :hammer:

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                X