irq in xp pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irq in xp pro

hi please anybody help.My ati 7000 agp video card does not have a irq set for it in xp pro,it works but the pc will freeze sometimes when i reset the microsoft report tool says thre is a problem with the card.i have reinstalled twice with no change thanks shaun

spec
    1.2 duron
    256 ram
    40gig hard drive
    ecs k7s5a mobo
    xp pro

:cheers:

Have you tried removing a different card from a pci slot?
    All of you irq's may already be taken up, which leaves none for your video card.

To deteremine which devices are using which irq's go to start - run and type "msinfo32" without quotes and hit enter.

Go to hardware resources, then IRQ's and paste the info here.

Comment

I've run into this issue before when installing a 7000 in XP. I ended up installing the OS with a different video card and installing the 7000 after the OS install. I then had to get newer ATI drivers and install them as xp's drivers are not really compatible with that card.

Comment

i have irq 2 and 7 free but 11 has the network sound and the usb controller in it.i have onboard sound so the only other card i have is the network card.i think i might have to buy a new video card
        :cheers:

Comment

u can manually tell the OS what IRq to ssociate with the Video, no?

Comment

can you do that, if yes how

Comment

it would seem that u cant do it the way i had thought. All my Xp machines use irq 16... but u dont have any that show for your card? very odd

Comment

You cannot manually assign IRQs under normal circumstances. For a basic introduction to IRQs and how they work, read the info on this page of my 2nd XP Guide.
                My Machine

Comment

Working...
                X