index.htm or index.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index.htm or index.html

I am a complete noob to web development, but I am trying to learn. I've signed up for a free web hosting account (10 MB), but I need an index file before I can really start to use it. If some one could help me get started with this I would appreciate it. I'm planning on usinf dreamweaver for designing most of my content.

Ya can use either but /index.html is the better way to go. ;)

Comment

ya I know, but I don't know how to make one...god, I'm sure that sounds like a dumb thing to say, but I havn't a clue

Comment

Well how ya make one is really up to you and your vision but I take it that ya may mean the actual code for this task and tools. I use Notepad and IE while doin' my pages and ya index page is usually ya main page. I usually recommend in this case for ppl to pick one of the links here, http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_I...ginner_s_HTML/, that suits their understandin' better but if I've missed the mark then let us know. ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks Wiggo, that helps

Comment

A really good habit to get into early is to use Opera as your web browser for testing...

Faster, safer and smarter than default browsers. Fully-featured for privacy, security, and so much more. Get the faster, better Opera browser for free.

Browsers like IE sometime read code a tad differently - but if it looks right in Opera, it'll look right everywhere.

Comment

that's good to know, i usually use Mozilla, but what's another browser going to hurt, thanks guys, I've got myslef straitend out now

Comment

Working...
              X