Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic HTML code needed maybe?

Good evening dudes

I'm after some dhtml or html or javascript even. I want to control downloads of larger files on my website, I was pointed towards Dynamic HTML by someone, but I haven't learnt that yet. After much searching on the Internet my brain has gone to mush..lol :confused: .

All I want to do is say allow 20 downloads per day for example. Hmmm now I'm rambling .

Dont worry, I always ramble:)

Try these. They have links to others as well so you can pretty much just try the links till ya find what ya need.

Comment

Thanks for the links, might look tomorrow..done too much searching earlier. Haven't a clue what i'k looking for atm ;)

Comment

Well, unfortunately one is still stuck :cry: . Does anyone have the necessary code please? ;) ;)

Comment

Not going to happen with plain old javascript dude.

Javascript works client-side, you need something happening server-side to record how many times each file is downloaded.

Nothing is ever easy!

Comment

K I re-read the question. Are you wanting 20/user or 20 globally?

If its per user, all you need is cookies. Create a cookie and increment it for every download. If they clear thier cookies however then they can re-do them all.

If its globally, then yea your gonna need some kinds of server-side script. That will involve PHP, ASP, Perl, CGI-bin, something like that, as well as either a database, or a file that you can write to. It would be helpfull to have cron jobs too so that you could reset the counter everyday at the same time.

If your working off a free host, its not very likely that you will have all these features at your disposal. You may get a server-side language and a database, but the cron jobs are a huge security risk so its doubtful. A payed server should have all these. If not you can likely find one with them for the same price and transfer the domain/pages.

Comment

Working...
            X