Bios problem with 8KHA+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios problem with 8KHA+

I have a problem with something. Recently I put my printer on USB so I didn't have problems with my comptuer starting up. It fixed it but that's no the point. THe point that I'm trying to ask for is this. When disabling the parellel port I found enable/disable FDC controller. I assumed that FDC was floppy disk controller. I don't have a floppy drive in my computer so I disabled it. What happened afer I disabled it? Post became HALF the speed. Literally. I was able to read the whole screen when it said what processor I ahve on the bus with the multiplyer settings and ram and hard drive and temperature. The whole works I was able tos ee. Then the screen flashed and I was able to see all the IRQ's on the second page right when it starts to load windows. Now I usually don't see this screen cause my computer is so fast. Why not? It started booting windows and the comp was normal speeds. Then I rebooted and the same thing happened. Slow during post. I turned off the comp, turned it back on and same thing. Slow during post. So I enabled the FDC controller and post was back to normal speed. I immediately assumed that FDC controller was not floppy disk controller so I refered back to my trusty mobo manual. Sure enough it was floppy disk controller and it said if I want to use my floppy drive I should enable this setting other wise disable it. Why is this happeneing?

Well, this is just a thought I had, without research at all, but is it possible that you have the floppy drive selected at some point of the boot order? Maybe its trying to locate the floppy drive, even if it doesn't need it to boot.

Comment

Nope, first boot drive in the boot order is Hard drive 0. Everything else is disabled. I don't think it could be related to the floppy drive controller driver installed in windows. I try to remove that but for some reason it reinstalls it self. I think that's because the bios reports a floppy present.

Comment

Working...
      X