No announcement yet.

I find this hard to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust Grim to install a prog and not check what name it runs under.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Sorry couldn't help myself but I though the name would have been self explanatory. :D

Comment

lmao....................:eek:

Comment

well actually guys i don't have that program runnin nemore :p...ive checked everythin that starts up with windows & nothin like that...any more idea's? :(

Edit: actually found one thing. this: RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize...now wtf is that? maybe thats what it is coz i don't like the sound of Daemon :(
        At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

my pc used to run on 8-10% free :D
          TT Original

Comment

That sounds like a nVidia tweakin' proggy Grim. :?:

Comment

hrm, i don't think i have ne installed...i have tried GeForce Tweak Util but that made my benchmark score high but the graphix were absolutely ****house! well im gonna stop this from runnin to see if its causin the prob..

Comment

Maybe ya din't completely uninstall it. :?:

Comment

it may just be coincidence, but woody had a prob with some "feature" of winxp that scans your system for media, ie mp3/avi etc in the background and it catalogs the info pertaining to media length, type, format, size quality etc... when this proggy finds a "dud" file it gets stuck on it trying to get info about it, and tends to sit at 99-100 CPU usage (low priority so everythin else is good)...

maybe its that?!

edit: just to note, win NT5 (w2k/xp) when in "idle" state, automatically issues a halt instruction to the CPU, this is effectively all the different cpu cooling programs did with idle's in win9x, so afaik these proggy's are unnecessary under win2k/winXP...ask saomeone that switched from 9x to 2k without using any s/w cooler before changing...hey i'm one of them;) but yeah, just another point to note...

Comment

rofl, damn that service would have had a fun time goin thru all woodies mp3's catalogin em all..rofl!

Comment

RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon is I think the Detonator Drivers tweak utility if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

Comment

oh ****, maybe i should re-enable it then...

Comment

Another option might be to disable it at start-up. Then just open it when you are going to use it.
                          Video card tweaks aren't really going to add much to the forum's for example.
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

ive found it...it was some CPUCool thing, that CoolSrv...i don't y CPUCool would eat up so much CPU

Comment

Maybe it was because it was fighting with the naturally found software in XP? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
                                ive found it...it was some CPUCool thing, that CoolSrv...i don't y CPUCool would eat up so much CPU

That's what you want it to do Grim....... if its chewing up 99% of your CPU in Task Manager it's really turning off 99% of your CPU to save power and reduce heat. Simple! :)
                                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                                X