ATI M9 Linux Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI M9 Linux Drivers

Hi there. I have a laptop, an Airis Diamond 630 with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9000.
    According to the ATI website, "Display drivers and multimedia applications for notebooks with ATI graphics solutions are available for download from your Notebook manufacturer."
    But my notebook manufacturer only has drivers for windows. I've seen a Hardware list (don't really remeber where) where it said that there were drivers for all other mobilitys, except for M9, which should still use the VESA Framebuffer. Anyone knows anything about drivers for this graphic card ?

there's the hardware list: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/video.html

I'm not certain I understand your question :confused:. If you are just trying to set up X then run xf86config, and when you get to the step asking you what video driver to use select the vesa driver. then install your WM/DE of choice and you should be all set. However, if you already have X and your WM/DE of choice set up and you want to enable your cards hardware acceleration then you need ATI's firegl drivers, unfortunately i can't be too much help there since I only have Nvidia cards, but google should turn up some helpful resources :thumb: Also, what distro are you using? :cheers:

Comment

Slackware 9.1.0

the thing is: firegl drivers are not for the m9 series, and for what i've heard, the vesa framebuffer on this videocard has some trouble with opengl for games and stuff like that. however, i managed to find out that the driver "radeon" of my X version already has support for the M9, so i've enabled it on /etc/X11/XF86Config and X is up and running. now i need a game to test opengl :)

Comment

Originally posted by s3pHiRoTh
        now i need a game to test opengl :)
        tux racer!

actually, for a simple game, it's way to addictive

Comment

From readme370.txt,
          Graphics Accelerators:
          ATI Radeon 8500, 9100, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800,
          ATI Mobility 9000, 9600
          ATI FireGL 8700, 8800, E1, E2, X1, X2, Z1, T2
          ATI Mobility FireGL T2