Knoppix STD 0.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoppix STD 0.1

<center>Four score and seven years ago I began work on this version and I'm relieved to say it's finally ready.

..:: announcing knoppix-std 0.1 ::..

-- [ ..::.. ] --</center>

Knoppix-STD is a customized distribution of the Knoppix Live Linux CD. Boot to the CD and you have Knoppix-STD. That would include a customized linux kernel (2.4.21 with ntfs rw, openmosix, and superfreeswan patches), Fluxbox windows manager, incredible hardware detection and hundreds of applications. Boot without the CD and you return to your original operating system. Aside from borrowing power, peripherals and some RAM, Knoppix-STD doesn't touch the host computer.

STD focuses on information security and network management tools. It is meant to be used by both the novice looking to learn more about information security and the security professional looking for another swiss army knife for their tool kit.

The tools are divided into the following categories (see the STD Tools section for details):
    • authentication
    • encryption
    • forensics
    • firewall
    • honeypot
    • ids
    • network utilities
    • password tools
    • servers
    • packet sniffers
    • tcp tools
    • tunnels
    • vulnerability assessment
    • wireless tools

- knoppix-std.org

*it's a shame the new 2.6 kernel wasn't included, but the previous 0.1b version was getting a bit dated and it's good to finally have an updated version :cool:

Forensics tools too? Interesting. I'll test it out next time I get a Linux box in and see if it can play nicely on a Windows system. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X