linux kernel for 3d acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux kernel for 3d acceleration

I always get this message when I try to build the kernel to activate 3d acceleration for my 9800Pro:

[root@localhost root]# cd ..
    [root@localhost /]# cd lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod
    [root@localhost build_mod]# ./make.sh
    ATI module generator V 2.0
    ==========================
    initializing...
    cleaning...
    patching 'highmem.h'...
    skipping patch for 'drmP.h', not needed
    patching 'drm_os_linux.h'...
    probing for VMA API version...
    doing script based build for kernel 2.4.x and similar
    compiling './agpgart_be.c'...
    compiling './agp3.c'...
    compiling './i7505-agp.c'...
    compiling './nvidia-agp.c'...
    compiling './firegl_public.c'...
    linking of fglrx kernel module...
    duplicating results into driver repository...
    done.
    ==============================
    You must change your working directory to /lib/modules/fglrx
    and then call ./make_install.sh in order to install the built module.
    ==============================
    [root@localhost build_mod]# cd ..
    [root@localhost fglrx]# ./make_install.sh
    - creating symlink
    - recreating module dependency list
    depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/
    drm/fglrx.o
    - trying a sample load of the kernel module
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol __a
    lloc_pages
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol __w
    ake_up
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol unl
    ock_page
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol reg
    ister_chrdev
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol cre
    ate_proc_entry
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol rem ove_wait_queue
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol rem ove_proc_entry
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol add _wait_queue
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol con tig_page_data
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol mem _map
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol ini t_mm
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o: unresolved symbol __f ree_pages
    /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o:
    Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
    and it has unresolved symbols. Contact the module supplier for
    assistance, only they can help you.

modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm/fglrx.o faile d
    modprobe: insmod fglrx failed
    failed.
    [root@localhost fglrx]#

is there a solution.... I really can't understand the hint it gives me...

cheers,
    mad_alfred

iirc this is the problem with MDK 9.2. right?
    actually what the error message is telling you is that there are a few problems with the modules that has been built and it can not allow you to insert it in the kernel.
    i have found two pages while my google search that might help you and save you from compiling your own kernel.

Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I made it!!!!!

there has been a problem with the kernel since the beginnig..... I installed the "i686" kernel ( 2.4.22 ) from the cd1 of mdk , then I went in root and forced the istallation of the source rpm of my kernel which I downloaded from rpmfind.net. i then went in lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod , run ./make.sh and then installed the new kernel with ./install_make.sh in the previous directory....:D

thanks 4 all the help !!!!

p.s. my prophet 9800 is doing just fine with glxgears I'm getting 4500FPS running it in kde desktop :)

Comment

...AND most important... I had to modify the XF86Config-4 so that it could load the "speedo" fonts.... in Section "module" I added also Load "speedo" just next to Load "freetype" and Load "type1"...

Comment

im in exactly the same problem u were havin,

Can u tell me exactly what 2 type as i dont know how 2 force the driver install of fglrx-glc22-4.1.0-3.7.0.i386.rpm ,

can u explain in simple turms how 2 force this as i havent got a clue ,

my drivers are located in file:/home/alan/Documents

please help, wat do i type {word 4 word} an were do i type it?

sorry 4 such a stupid question but,,, about ready 2 give up here :shoot2:

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X