graphics drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics drivers

Graphics drivers, help me please, just getin the esetails workin {new 2 linux} went 2 ati.com an down loaded there driver 4 linux when i tryed 2 install it i got this message,

file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 from install of fglrx-glc22-4.1.0-3.7.0 conflicts with file from package libxfree86-4.3-23mdk

Please help i have no idea what 2 do, also does any 1 know if mandrake 9.2 supports an extended desk top ,

im runing a gigabyte 9200
    on a ga 7dxr+ main board

thanks guys

Didn't understand that but i gather you can't get the driver to install, the only things i can recommend is to download it again , use the drivers that came with the card or download older drivers:thumb:

Comment

Not going to be much help ... but I wish you luck. Best bet is to try searching google with word combinations such as "Mandrake" "ATI" and "driver version". Very new to Linux myself (Mandrake flavor as well) but I have found that there is a great deal of information to be found on almost any problem if you search effectivly.

Still trying to install Nvidia drivers on mine .... have read lots of helpful information that appearently have helped others ... could be a chipset problem .... have reinstalled Mandrake 4 times in last 3 days due to black screen after installation ... finally figured out how to reinstate original drivers without reinstalling. ... Anyway it's an adventure and I'm learning a lot.

Only other advice I can give you is to read carefully and follow instructions to the letter ... installing drivers in Linux is seldom as easy as double clicking on a file.
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Comment

thanks 4 all the help guys, about 2 hav a go now

Comment

is ATI ACTIVELY supporting linux..?I'M ready to buy video card 9800xt or fx5950
            serious help appreciatd...
            k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
            recycled from the trash [and in use]
            2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
            3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
            in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

Originally posted by G13man
              is ATI ACTIVELY supporting linux..?I'M ready to buy video card 9800xt or fx5950
              serious help appreciatd...
              so does nvidia, check the thread you already started on this topic.

Comment

Working...
              X