No announcement yet.

Linux and Direcway sattelite internet??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux and Direcway sattelite internet??

Anyone out there do any programming with Linux to make the Huges Network Satellite (Direcway aka Direc PC) work with Linux Mandrake? My compuer is the default gateway and when I have Windows XP running and the software running that utilizes the USB to the Direcway Satellite receiver/transmitter It works fine. I even configured my wife and daughters' computers when they boot into Mandrake 9.1 to be able to web browse via the satellite through my computer as the gateway.

I haven't figured out how to make my computer use the satellite when I'm directly on Linux though.

Is there a way to share folders with Linux like you do with Windows? Odd, that when we are all booted into Linux we don't see each others files even though we are connected with a hub.

1) DirecWay Internet has proprietary modems and they have not yet released any drivers or ways to get this thing working with Linux. though you can check this piece of hardware that allows you to connect your machines on various OS to connect to the internet service of DirecWay --> http://www.helius.com/products/hsrdpc.html
    2) Yes there is a way to share files between various PC's on Unix and is known as NFS. read How To's about it: -

the latter one is longer but is more comprehensive.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
    X