Linux Logging Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Logging Problem

Hey guys, I just installed Mandrake 9.1 and it is not letting me log on to the system. I am putting the correct user and pass and it just keeps going back to the login screen. I don't know if this makes a difference but I installed it under Paranoid settings because I wanted to try out creating a WebSever. Thanks

check your caps :?:

Comment

yea i tried that too. I forgot to mention that.. still didn't work however.

Comment

did you try logging as root? not being able to login...pretty weird :confused:
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Yea it's not logging in under anything. I think im gonna reinstall. :thumbs do

Comment

Are you having to log in via the command line or a graphical interface?

It it's a graphical, you could possibly try getting a boot disk and a root disk from slackware, boot from that and change the runlevels for your system so that you can try logging in via command line.

Comment

i just read about a similar problem. the person out there was having a problem related to space on HD. by any chance you running out of space as GNOME or KDE require space to create icons and your home directory?
              iirc you can login through CLI by pressing ctrl+alt+F(1-6) while F7 is X. if i m wrong please correct me.
              btw about those paranoid settings. you can always turn it on after you complete your install from Mandrake Control Centre.
              Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
              ======================
              jabber : [email protected]
              =======================
              Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
              X