Linux and home network questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux and home network questions...

I'm going to cable internet(finally!) and planning on setting up a home network with wireless capabilities when i get a laptop for Xmas. The used laptops that i see for sale on ebay dont come with any OS and thought about Linux since its free. I'm a noob so would a laptop with Linux and my desktop with windows work ok on a network? will Windows software work on Linux? thanks

it will be VERY hard for u to install window software for linux. u will need to se if the company will make a differnt format filie so linux can read it. also, all the installing will have to be done on the console in linux.

Comment

getting linux and windows to talk on a network isn't difficult. depending on what software you want to use you may have a little trouble getting the software you want on Linux. Forutunatly for me my open-source addiction has made switching between windows and Linux easy since most of the software is the same for both.

Comment

you don't need to use Windows Softwares. there are always alternatives available. we can help you find them if you tell us what you want.
        :cheers:
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
        X