No announcement yet.

Mandrake Linux 9.2 is final!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the HCL on Mandrake 9.2? I have had problems with Red Hat 8.0 detecting my network cards, and it doesn't like my video card either (although there are Linux drivers on the nVidia site)

Comment

i still havn't got 9.2 yet, but in 9.1 I didn't have any problems with my onboard nics (nforce2 mobo) and the nvidia drivers for my video card were simple to install and worked just fine.

*actually, let me clarify the nics: the onboard 3com nic worked right from the start. I had to download and install the nvidia nforce2 linux driver (which was very simple as well) to get access to the onboard nvidia nic

it's entirely possible that native supprt for nforce2 mobos has improved with 9.2, but I really don't know for sure. drivers for graphics cards has probably stayed about the same though; you get a basic nvidia driver and then get the real driver from nvidia and install it

Comment

I just found out for myself how good the HCL for it is...I installed it with no problem, now the only problem is I don't know what's up or what's down, and I don't know what executables to use anymore, lol

Comment

Working...
        X