3dmark 2003 won't work?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dmark 2003 won't work?!?!

When I go to run the program, I get an error message saying, Direct3D initialization failed. Is this a common problem? Has anyone seen this yet? I don't really care about my score, I just want to see the new visuals. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Check the direct 3d options for ure ge force 4. You might have altered them so the program can't initialize direct 3d .:cheers:

Comment

Thanks Rugbydude, sometimes I overlook the obvious. I will try that when I get home.

Comment

I can't really think of any other reason. IT might just be 3d mark 2003 as there are quite a few bugs in it. And may i compliment you on one kick ass computer u have. I'm guessing you get about 14000 with 3d mark 2001se. well don't expect more than 1400 with 3d mark 2003 as your card unfortunatly isn't direct x 9.0 compatible. Then again there are only a few that use direct x 8.0 so don't worry bout it.:cheers:

Comment

I think you video driver it's the problem.....42.68...when i install that driver i had better scores but errors....try the 41.09 ....good luck...

Comment

I have the 41.09 as well that may help. :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by cruser99
              I think you video driver it's the problem.....42.68...when i install that driver i had better scores but errors....try the 41.09 ....good luck...
              I have tried numerous drivers including all the WHQL and beta's past 40.72. When I get home later, I will try Rugbydude's suggestion of checking the Direct3D settings within the nVidia control panel.

I use the 42.68's because they give me better performance without loss of quality. Like I said, I don't really care about scores because my games play just how I want them to. I am just interested in seeing the new 3Dmark2003 visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude
                And may i compliment you on one kick ass computer u have. I'm guessing you get about 14000 with 3d mark 2001se. :
                Thank you for the compliment. Actually, my 3Dmark2001se score is 12730. That was with a clean install of XP with only SP1,DX9, and 3dMark installed. I have gotten my score a little over 14000 with my P4 2533 at 3004 and my G4 at 337/692. My temps were way out of control though.

Comment

Oh yeah temperatures a *****. Have u just got a standerd heat sink on your graphics card?? putting a copper heat sink will help temperature a bit and maybe some ram sinks. Maybe then you could keep the temperature down and speed up.:cheers:

Comment

It's all listed in my sig. The temps on my vid card aren't that bad, it's my CPU. I could only reach the 3004Mhz range by upping my vcore to 1.625 which is why my temps are up. My temps on my CPU haven't changed all to much since replacing my Volcano 7+. Just slightly lower. I also have great airflow through my case. Anyway, we are getting off the topic of this thread, so I will just post a new thread about my OC'ing problems. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Try to re-install DirectX9 (or 8.1 if you so desire).

Comment

Fixed it! I performed a clean install of XP Pro, SP1, SB Live Drivers, and DX9. It was about time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X