amd 4200 x2
    2gb ocz gold pc4000
    dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
    antec sp500
    bfg7800gtx
    zalman cpu cooler

Comment

• Re: 3DMark05 Scores

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, ATI Radeon X800 GTO x 1, 1024 MB, 32-bit Microsoft Windows XP}

This is @ 2.4GHz @ 1.4V with ram running 2-3-3-6-T1 @ 2.85V and the video cards running bone stock speeds.
      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
      Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
      Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
      Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
      PC P&C 500W PSU
      2TB Seagate
      Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Settings:

Intel P4 3,4 GHz (775)
        2048 MB Ram (2*1024)
        POV GeForce 7800 GTX 256 Mb - PCI-e

3Dmark05 score: 7223
        CPU Score: 4772
        Last edited by axept; 12-30-2005, 12:09 PM.

Comment

my score at 1024X768, 2xAA no oc other than the factory settings on the vcards

neat huh.. yes that is in 05'

Comment

How well does that power supply work in your system? My 520W Modstream is overwhelmed by the GTXs and I need to upgrade it. I love OCZ and to me they are pretty much the only choice. I also plan on upgrading my ram to a 2GB kit as well, but I plan on going with the OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 2X1GB kit.

Oh yeah, sweet score! I am around 10K stock right now in 05, 11.5K with a small CPU overclock.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate

Comment

actually I have had no power supply problems that I know of. had some other disasters getting this rig running like a water cooling leak in one of my vga blocks that leaked on the card below ruining the $700 card not to mention the dfi lanparty ut nf4 sli dr mobo. Fortunately BFG is very good about replacements so I had a new one in about a week from the time I sent it back. I will never buy another brand now! I didn't replace the mobo with another dfi since I had major bios issues with it. Had to hold my breath everytime I had to reboot wondering if it would post to cmos. screw that. From what I read it is a common problem with DFI boards. I have had no problems with the asus that way though it has it own quirks. The DFI was laid out much better for example. Asus has the floppy and mobo molex righ under the bottom pci slot. what the hell were they thinking? Works but tighter than I would like to see it. I would like to see just one board out there that doesn't have the chipset cooler obscured by the Vcards. Oh well. burn baby burn : ) Also the memory sticks are right next to eachother in dual channel. pretty stupid too for heat reasons. how many people have 4 sticks in thier board? I didn't want to go with over spec speed memory as just about all sli boards call for 400mhz. just less problems with stability. not that it can't give you some small gain but with overall benchmarks memory plays a fairly small role. I know people will disagree with that but the main thing is processor big time. I got a score of 13567 with the same settting but with the core oc'ed to 3024. I could probably get 15000 if I really tried but why burn up my stuff to see numbers... well it is kinda fun lol but I would rather burn it on games. F.E.A.R. totally rules in sli! Do you have two different brands in sli? Don't see why it wouldn't work just they always say you need 2 identical cards same brand etc. At least you paid some attention to sound. Seems a lot of people overlook good quality sound like me in my sig whoops. I have a creative xfi with an altec lansing 400w 4.1. had the speakers for almost 4 years now and have no plans to replace them. awesome for games and just jamming out. I don't need a seperate stereo. You know amd is changing their fx/55 to the san diego core so with a little oc it is about the same as the 57 but for about $300 less. If you want to really increase your sys that is where to go. It might be that your 2 cards are overwhelming your chip since 2.2g is a little light for your specs. I'm assuming it's 939. anyway I think I have to do some work or something. Peace!

Comment

Without a doubt the cards are too much for my CPU. I still get incredible framerates in games so that is all that really matters to me. I know I need a better PSU as I have some stability issues, especially when overclocking. I don't want to overclock some crazy amount, just enough to help ease the CPU bottleneck. And yes, sound quality is very very important to me.

These two different cards run very well together. The new driverset allows you to run any manufacturer's card with each other as long as they have the same core. One of these days I am gonna flash the EVGA card into a BFG OC anyways. I like the idea of 1300MHz memory stock, and the EVGA does that no sweat.
                GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                PC P&C 500W PSU
                2TB Seagate

Comment

I don't know man I have about if not the same PSU and I have no probs. I had a ultra xfinity 600w and for real didn't have any probs with it either but I got tired of everybody ripping on it so I got the ocz which in the DFI forums was the one to get. I found out that wattage doesn't mean a whole lot if you have low amperage. Nvidia has been signing off on SLi for PSU's with 30A or better on the 12v rail. A lot of those guys in the forum actually know what they were talking about, unlike me a lot of the time lol. If you get stability problems when you overclock (who doesn't) it probably has to do with voltage settings etc. Nice thing about the abit mobo is it has an OC utility that actually works. It adjust the voltages, bus speed etc. automatically. No substitute for the real enthusiast of course but works for my limited knowledge. Besides, overclocking my rig is like suping up a farrari, just don't really need it. If you are getting a 10k+ score in 3dmark not much benefit to you either. If I were you I would keeps the PSU unless you know for sure that what's wrong and think about a faster chip. the dual cores are nice for some things. The slowest of which will run circles around my fx/57 in multithread apps but I like the raw power of my single core monster. I go to open something and my 10k raptors are like "alright alright we're moving as fast as we can!" loud suckers but I kinda like to hear them work. Oh also the memory you have is one of the most popular choices for the hard core overclockers. The sticks I have are not too good to overclock but you can't kill them, really are made for server applications and again some guys who know a lot more than me say forget memory (to a point) it's all about CPU. oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Happy New Year to you as well!

Well, my power supply is not nearly as strong as your Powerstream. You have about 34-36A on the 12V+ rail and I have only 28A. Plus, the Powerstream is much more stable and has more grunt. The main reason I am changing my memory is I want a 2 GB kit and I am moving away from hardcore overclocking. I do have a 3800+ X2 CPU coming next week, so I have already jumped on the dual core bandwagon. I plan on giving it a mild overclock to somewhere around 2.4GHz and I will be in **** heaven. And I will say one thing, be very happy you ditched that Ultra power supply, they are garbage.

I actually had to pull one card out today due to the instabilities my system has. Now it is OK, but I miss that other card when gaming. I knew my PSU was not strong enough, I was just hoping to get a few more weeks before upgrading.
                    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                    PC P&C 500W PSU
                    2TB Seagate

Comment

huh funny because I noticed no problems associated with PSU even with the 600w ultra. course it is a second generation so vast improvements over the last ones and is actually SLi certified by nvidia which I think only 10 or so are but I heard so much negative stuff about it I figured I would just take that out of the equation. Don't blame you for upgrading mem if only 1g total. wow you know I remember when having 32mb of ram was good lol. I said I wasn't going to fool with stock settings too much but I just have to have a stable 3g. I changed the multiplier from 14x to 15x and upped the voltage from 1.4 to 1.5 no crashes sofar seems stable. I think I have done enough burn in for a while so I will just see how it goes. Well have a good one. I am heading to the bar to work on a hangover for tomorrow : )

Comment

Hey guys i got a 6412 with all stock settings. This was run on my unlocked GTO2 @ X850XT PE 540/590mhz

Comment

3DMark Score 7756 3DMarks

MOTHER BOARD : GIGABYTE K8N-SLI NForce 4
                          PROCESSOR: AMD X2 3800+
                          GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 7800GT 256mb
                          PSU: Enermax 535W
                          MEMORY: Kingston 4x 512 pc3200 = 2GB
                          Hard Drive: Seagate 300GB HDD 7,2000 RPM
                          MONITOR: 19" Sony
                          windows XP: home

Comment

Originally posted by sr4470
                            Is the card overclocked?
                            Yes, 497MHz/1170
                            Its also been run at 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004
                              Its also been run at 1024x768
                              Disregard the following statement......D'ho....thought this was the 3D06 thread!

Hell even my 6600GT 128 @ 610/1100 pulls 1674 at full stock/no cheats
                              LOFL at 7x less res it might even pull a respectable score.
                              Last edited by dryadsoul; 02-03-2006, 08:33 PM.
                              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by sr4470
                                How would you know?
                                It says so on the ORB link
                                E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Working...
                                X