This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AquaMark3 scores

I believe it's a Sapphire with an R360 core.
    I have considered bunging an Arctic Cooler on there and flashing it to XT, but my motto is, if you can't afford a replacement, don't o/c it (unless you have to) and I really can't afford squat. Most things are running cool on it now (Call of Duty 2 is at about 25fps max textures @ 1024, which is good enough for me)

Comment

25fps...thats low for me..i rather cut back on some things to have good frame rates.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by Steeev
        I believe it's a Sapphire with an R360 core.
        I have considered bunging an Arctic Cooler on there and flashing it to XT, but my motto is, if you can't afford a replacement, don't o/c it (unless you have to) and I really can't afford squat. Most things are running cool on it now (Call of Duty 2 is at about 25fps max textures @ 1024, which is good enough for me)
        You won't hurt it if you use the Arctic Silencer and flash it to an XT. The card will hardly notice the difference and will run cooler than at stock with the stock heatsink/fan. You would get much higher performance than you do now. The 9800 PRO 256MB card is in reality a XT, but they were using both cores (R350/R360) to make them so they slowed them down to prevent issues with the R350 core. I ran my cars @ 430/425 24/7 for 6 months and never once had an issue. I then sold it to a friend who has run it @ stock XT speeds for the last 8 months. But in the end, if you are happy, that is all that matters.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Thanks casecutter.
          If that's the case, then I might give it a go.
          Running an Arctic Silencer is probably a good idea anyway - most of my components are fairly quiet, but when I stuck the 9800 in, it wailed like a banshee!
          At worst, sounds like I'd get some peace and quiet. :)

Comment

I got a 37642 total.

GFX:5571

CPU:5797

IS THIS GOOD?

And how did some guy get his xp 1700+ to 2.3 sumthinbg GHZ without water?

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGGER
              And how did some guy get his xp 1700+ to 2.3 sumthinbg GHZ without water?
              Probably he has a good core stepping. I've got both an XP2000+ and XP2600+ (both older unlocked Thoroughbred B's) running @ 2.3 and 2.4GHz plus both with the same HSF that you have.

Comment

Do you think that's all its got left? Is there any special settings that i can push out mre mhz withlout rasing fsb? thanks

Comment

Basically its more likely the chipset on your mainboard that is holding you back.

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                    Basically its more likely the chipset on your mainboard that is holding you back.
                    I Can't wait until FEBUARY when i get my 939 system. Which mobo do you recommend? Prefferably AMD and NO SLI OR CROSSFIRE MOBO. THANK YOU YOUR SO MUCH HELP !!

Comment

Get something based on the best nVIDIA chipset going at the time (there's a new one due soon for a new CPU socket format just to accommodate DDR2 memory, I'd wait a little bit) and you pretty much can't go wrong.

Comment

I Can't wait until FEBUARY when i get my 939 system. Which mobo do you recommend? Prefferably AMD and NO SLI OR CROSSFIRE MOBO. THANK YOU YOUR SO MUCH HELP !!
                        DFI LanParty UT NF4 ULTRA-D is the BEST S939 motherboard in its class. Nothing else can compare. I am a recent convert from MSI boards and I cannot praise this board high enough. I personally would not wait for the new AMD CPUs and for DDR2 memory to become fast enough. Your best budget system is the ULTRA-D and a 3200+ Venice. If you can afford it, get a 3700+ San Diego. And if you can find one, shoot for a 146 or 148 Opteron. A gig of nice fast TCCD and you would have a nasty system, capable of some extreme overclocks and scores.
                        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                        PC P&C 500W PSU
                        2TB Seagate

Comment

Actually the DFI NF4 SLI-D is the best in its class, but it's just the same thing with a native SLI chipset and a big price increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                            Actually the DFI NF4 SLI-D is the best in its class, but it's just the same thing with a native SLI chipset and a big price increase.
                            A useless point to post really considering the shouting going on, don't you think? ;)

Which mobo do you recommend? Prefferably AMD and NO SLI OR CROSSFIRE MOBO. THANK YOU YOUR SO MUCH HELP !!

Comment

It was a useless point to post regardless of that, but I did it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                                Get something based on the best nVIDIA chipset going at the time (there's a new one due soon for a new CPU socket format just to accommodate DDR2 memory, I'd wait a little bit) and you pretty much can't go wrong.
                                To me, this is a useless post. Why wait for something that is going to cost more when the current hardware is much more economical and available and most likely just as fast?
                                GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                                AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                                PC P&C 500W PSU
                                2TB Seagate

Comment

Working...
                                X