Microsoft Word problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Word problem

I have a problem with Microsoft word and I believe other XP Office products. What happens is I will be using the program and after awhile, I try to exit the program and I get an error that says something onlong the line of a Runtime error. I am not exactly sure what it is but I have tried reinstalling XP Office several times. I do have Windows XP Pro. If any has heard of this problem or think they have a solution, please let me know.

Phreaky

I don't use MS Office, so I will probably not be the guy to help you anyway, but you should provide more info if you want help. Are you current with all of the updates and patches for both Office and xp? What does the error say exactly? Have you disabled any services that Office may require? Are any other apps running in the background when this happens? Do you un-install before installing again? It is hard to troubleshoot a problem without knowing the exact state of the hardware and software.

Comment

Well, I haven't seen the problem that much lately because I haven't had to use word that much. But I have SP-1. I do not believe I have disabled any services office requires. At times I have apps running in the background, but it still happens when Office is the only thing running. I try to clear up memory so I really do not have that much running. i do uninstall before reinstalling again. I even tried the way where you could reinstall on top of it. I do realize that it is extremely difficult to try to solve computer problems without knowing everything but some times if you just put something vague out there, it could be a common problem and someone just might know what you are talking about. sorry.

Comment

Hopefully, if it were a common problem, MS would have patched it already. There are more fixes since SP1 and there are updates for Office as well. For future reference, it is a good idea to keep a notepad handy and record pertinent info as errors occur. These notes will not only help others help you, but are often a real help to you as well. A good trioubleshooting method is to look for commomalities with errors as it sometimes then becomes obvious where to look for the solution. Some things to keep track of are:
        Did the error begin to occur after adding/modifying hardware or software?
        Exact wording of the error message.
        How long had the session of Windows been running?
        What apps had been running prior to the error and which ones were running when it occured.
        Was there any prior indication that anything was amiss before the error occurred?
        Does the error appear to be random or does it always occur after a specific series of actions?
        Record the time and date of the error. This will give a true guage of the frequency and sometimes point to scheduled events.
        Most people don't do this (even the experts), but often it is a tremendous help when they do. There are quite a few people who I provide informal tech support for and I always ask them to read me their notes when they call.
        Hopefully, someone else has the answer to you problem.
        Good luck!

Comment

well i think bugjackusa is right. making notes of the errors is always a good idea but then we all are too lazy! :p
          anyways i found something for you in M$ articles.
          if the article does not interests you or is not relevant in your case then there is a link at the end of the page which might help you trouble-shoot your problem!

btw windows manages notes for your errors too!
          go to control panel --> administrative tools --> event viewer
          this is where windows maintains all the errors you get with system or application. all the red crosses you see in there are errors! i hope it will help you a bit!
          cheers :cheers:
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
          X