Outlook loading MS Word Prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook loading MS Word Prob

Sometimes when I load Outlook 2002 it attempts to load MS Word and Word crashes.

Any ideas?

Word also crashes a lot when ran outside of that problem.
    Just loaded up XP for the first time and I have had a lot of probs . . .

ok, I fixed the Outlook loading Word prob.

In the tools>options>mail format I unchecked Use Word to format emails.

word still crashes on me though.

Comment

Glad you got the Outlook problem fixed. Looks like it took all of 4 minutes. :D

As to the Word problem, I can't say for sure since I haven't had any problems with any of our OfficeXP machines yet, but in the Office97 package this meant that you had to uninstall Office and then reinstall it again as some of the internal files had gotten corrupted. Since the crashes we had with this package never referred to any particular file, we found it easiest to just dump the whole thing and load it fresh.

As a side note, when the reinstall has been completed, the preferences were still intact but you might want to back up your address book and important emails first just to be sure you still have them after the project.

Also, the uninstall is an important step (at least it was for the Office97 trick). We found that just installing the Office package over the existing install did nothing for the problems.

Good luck. ;)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

The thing is this I just installed OfficeXp, and noticed the crashed right when I first used Word.

Comment

Could still be a botched install. It isn't impossible for the install program to corrupt some small .dll file somewhere during the process and make all kinds of misery. Since it is fresh anyway, there shouldn't be too much in the line of personal settings yet. Try scrapping it and installing fresh. You've got nothing really to lose. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

ok, I'll try. Thanks

Comment

How are you reinstalling the app? is this a copied version of office or a for real copy? sounds like you have a bad REG key... Id' tell you to uninstall, go to the reg and make sure anything with office or word is gone (backup first) and make sure the office directory is gone from program files and then try and reinstall. I'd also try to select just word and install that first and see if it crashes... if it does after doing the above, I'd say you have a bad version on your hands... sounds like it is a copy...

Comment

Working...
              X