Playing a DivX in a DVD Player...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing a DivX in a DVD Player...

Just wondering, is there a program that can convert a DivX into a format that'll work in a DVD player..(VCD or something isn't it?)
    At the request of wiggo ;)

If you cannot find the info to do it at the following page, it's not possible... :)

Digital Digest DivX Xvid Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, Xvid and AVI articles, guides and software, latest news and updates
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

nero can make divx into a vcd

Comment

heh, thanks for that....

now I've run into another problem...the movie is an Xvid...its still a DivX, but encoded under some Xvid thing...ive got the codec installed to watch it on my machine..but when i add it to nero it goes way over the size of the CD (even tho the movie is 700meg, it JUST fits in DivX/Xvid format, so im guessing VCD is bigger?)...to shrink it down, i could cut the start credits...is there any program that will split an xvid file? ive got a divx splitter, which works well with divx's, but doesn't work with xvids...

Comment

when you make a vcd, it is based on length and quality, not just the original file size. Any video editor should work...just find a good point to split in in half and make 2 vcd's out of it

Comment

minibubba, do you have a couple of nice, easy to use for n00bs, programs to do that??

Comment

video wave SE...give it a try, havn't actaully got around to using this one, but I've heard it's pretty simple and strait forward, good luck

Comment

I've done some googling, but can't find a download location..

Comment

didn't think about that, I think the software came with my webcam...my younger sis does a lot of stuff like this, I'll see if she knows something good

Comment

heh, thanks :)

Comment

Adobe Premiere doesn't count as a 'simple' program, but it's damn good... I've got a copy you could borrow Grim...

Comment

along with Mr.Tweak link you might also want to check out

Comment

Anyone wanting to do dvix -> vcd would want to read http://www.dvdrhelp.com/convert

You'll need free tools like Vitualdub, VitualdubMpeg, Tmpeg. I suggest reading the instruction on fitting a full length movie in one CD.

Comment

there is at least 1 DVD player not PC that will play alot of diff formats like mp3, Divx and so on i think i saw it on www.tomshardware.com

Comment

Working...
                            X