freeing Virtual ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeing Virtual ram?

I have games that crash at 1150mb worth of virtual ram. Is there a program or another fix i can use to keep from running out of virtual memory ?

In Your case you should upgrade your mobo that supports DDR-RAM!!

And then you will not have the same problem!!:thumb:

Comment

how big is your windows swap/page file?

and how much free space is on your system partition [where the os is installed]?

Comment

wow not sure DD how do I get to the swap file to find out ? I have a standard partion. Out of 80gb I have 76gb to work with if that helps any.

Comment

You can try installing the following patch. Read the KB article and check out whether your problem resembles with the one explained. In any case it never harms to install a Windows update...oops...did i say never...okk it does hurt sometimes...but anyways its worth a try :p .

327979: Recommended Update

This update addresses the "Game Stops Responding (Hangs) or Quits Unexpectedly When Introductory Video Clip Is Played" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 327979. Download now to prevent your computer from not responding during video playback.

For more information about this issue, read Microsoft KB Article: 327979.

try giving it a shot and see if it helps. do mention your swap file size too.
          here's how to get there...
          Right Click on My Computer
          Go to Advanced tab.
          In Performance part, click on Settings ...Go to Advaced tab again and click on Change in Virtual Memory part.
          Set "Custom Size" and set your virtual memory size. Preffered Value is 1.5 times the installed RAM.
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
          X