Good mp3 Tag Fixers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good mp3 Tag Fixers?

Does anybody know of any software like moodlogic that you don't have to pay so much for, to get your mp3 tags fixed?

Any help appreciated :)

Depends on what you really need.

I've used two programs in the past for this purpose, MP3cat and Tagscanner

mp3cat: http://www.tellini.info/software/mp3cat/

tagscanner: http://xdev.narod.ru/tagscan_r.htm

Comment

FIXED means what? You want to edit the tags? If yes...then can't you do that with Winamp 3 or do you want to do something else :?:
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
        FIXED means what? You want to edit the tags? If yes...then can't you do that with Winamp 3 or do you want to do something else :?:
        Actually different programs use different tags. I noticed that on my default media player QCD [from http://www.quinnware.com ] the tags are different from WinAmp slightly and very different from WMP, Media Jukebox or musicmatch..

Comment

Could you tell us what kind of tags does the QCD use?
          i tried searching quinnware for the answer but couldn't find it. about Winamp...well it uses ID3v1. its quite possible that QCD uses ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4.
          I would prefer that you try editing your track tags with Winamp 3. It shows you both kind of tag info seperately (i.e. ID3v1 and ID3v2) for you to decide what and where are you missing things. It will not allow you to do very fast tagging like moodlogic does but firstly try to know what kind of tags do you want to edit.
          Once you accomplish this task it will be easier for you to find the appropriate tag editor.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
            Could you tell us what kind of tags does the QCD use?
            i tried searching quinnware for the answer but couldn't find it. about Winamp...well it uses ID3v1. its quite possible that QCD uses ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4.
            I would prefer that you try editing your track tags with Winamp 3. It shows you both kind of tag info seperately (i.e. ID3v1 and ID3v2) for you to decide what and where are you missing things. It will not allow you to do very fast tagging like moodlogic does but firstly try to know what kind of tags do you want to edit.
            Once you accomplish this task it will be easier for you to find the appropriate tag editor.
            I belive QCD uses ID3v2 and the older version s of WinAmp I use [pre v2.8] use ID3v1, I belive WMP 8+ use either ID3v1 or v2 and you can set it in the software..

Comment

WMP still uses ID3v1 and even Winamp 3 uses ID3v1.
              But to edit ID3v2, Winamp 3 is a gud tool especially with its one click ID3v1 to ID3v2 and vice versa converter.
              Give it a try...
              hey btw where is elinux...he started the thread and didn't turn up after that. seems to me that only me and DigitalDD are talking.
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

======================
              =======================
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

i woundn't worry about him i'm sure if he didn't see our messages he found a solution on his own. besides the forums are here to help others. if someone ever has a similar problem a simple search should bring up this message..

Comment

and this is for people who visit this forum in future.
                  If you find a solution to your problem that you posted about...please post the reply...it will help people in future. Thats the essence of all this...spreading the facts. : peace2:
                  Last Updated:
                  10th MARCH

======================
                  =======================
                  yabaa dabaa doo...
                  Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                  X