Ghost 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost 2003

Anyone know if it is possible to made a Bootable CD, rather than a Bootable Floppy, with Ghost 2003. I know that an image CD can be made bootable OK. I just mean a CD to boot into the PC Dos Program that Ghost 2003 uses with XP.

It's OK I've managed it

yeah right u did...but u didn't mention HOW?
    people out here would love to know about your experiences.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Nero has a simple feature to do it...
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Sorry asklepios, I didn't think anyone else was interested.
        I made a boot disc using the Boot Disc Wizard in Ghost 2003. I chose the first option, to create a boot disc with CD/DVD support. (1 floppy) When that was made I opened Nero. Chose to make a Boot Disc. Pointed Nero to the to the Boot Floppy. Named the Disc Ghost, copied all the files on the Floppy to the compilation and chose Write. The trouble I was having at first was that for some reason the Floppy I had made didn't have the Mouse Configuration file on it. I made a couple of other Floppys, and the File was on them, so it must have just been a glitch somewhere. The finished Boot CD opens the Ghost Option Program great.

Comment

This site has a lot of great info on how to make bootable CDs: http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

Comment

cheers for all ur replies buddies...:cheers:
            but now i m feeling stupid...:p
            actually i thought that capricorn wanted to make a CD from which he could boot just the way we do from our HDD's. I read somewhere that it is possible but was quite complicated to do...so i dropped the idea. just the thought that capricorn achieved something so good made me excited and wanted to know how to do it...
            damn i should start reading the post carefully before i reply... :o
            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            jabber : [email protected]
            =======================
            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
            X