Microsoft Security Essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Security Essentials

Does someone using this free security form MS? Is it better than paid security like KIS,NOD or Norton? or compare to AVG free is it good? & im afraid to try it coz of important file to be infected if this is a crap Coz ive been thinking of using this instead of buying again a security suite,,

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials

maybe someone will try to test it. i wouldn`t change my current AV with this one, cause i don`t see how M$ could offer something good and free in the same time :)

Comment

Originally posted by buburuza76 View Post
      maybe someone will try to test it. i wouldn`t change my current AV with this one, cause i don`t see how M$ could offer something good and free in the same time :)

Lol Yes Im a little skeptical myself. However it could be just that M$ are soo cashed up from rip off bindows prices and forced upgrades that they just want to have 100% total monopolisation in the computer software market. WOuldnt be supprised if we get a nice supprise with Windows 7 Retail with M$ security crap intergrated in.

As for norton, you might as well go smash your computer of format your drive with all your important files as norton will a) not stop a virus if the world depended on it. b) cripple your system so bad that you will just want to smash it. c) lock you out of your own **** so you cant even access your important stuff anyway, see b.

Im sorry to all you norton lovers out there, you obviously have never tried another Antivirus program before. I used to roll with McAffe or whatever its called untill I got some hard core virus that nearly fudges my whole show. Took me 7 Hours of hard core computer crunching to sort it out. Un cool McCrappy. So off went that and I got AVG free in about 2006~ish Have never had a problem since. I have fixed up soooooo many computers that have norton on it and whether they have 365days or 1 day left on there subscription I just uninstall that crap and put avg on and everyone couldnt be happier. I have Avg on every computer I use and I go to all the hardcore dodgy sites and crap, download hundreds of gigs of torrents and not had a system stuff up. AVG may find something but shut a lid on it in the vault pretty quick. Oh did I mention its free? In the 3~ years Ive been using AVG they have had one little stuff up. ANd that was recently when It "thougt" iTunes was a virus. Personally I think it is a "Virus" but my wife needs her iPOD.

Rant Over!!!!
      Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
      Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
      Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
      Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
      Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
      G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
      2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
      Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
      2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
      Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
      Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
      ------------------------------------------------
      Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
      Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
      ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
      Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
      Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
      Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
      NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
      1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
      Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Comment

Originally posted by NimrodAUS View Post
        Lol Yes Im a little skeptical myself. However it could be just that M$ are soo cashed up from rip off bindows prices and forced upgrades that they just want to have 100% total monopolisation in the computer software market. WOuldnt be supprised if we get a nice supprise with Windows 7 Retail with M$ security crap intergrated in. ...

Let`s hope not. Otherwise they`ll ruin everything. 7 is a blast (till now, at least)

Comment

Originally posted by devit View Post
          Let`s hope not. Otherwise they`ll ruin everything. 7 is a blast (till now, at least)

Come on, i don`t think M$ will include this. I mean, they know that 7 is good, at least better than Vista will ever be, why make it worst? I`ll never test that free solution but for casual internet or for some office i think it will be ok if used.

Comment

I'm hoping some reputable sites like AV Comparitives will start testing this (maybe they already have). It would be interesting to see how it compares to the other products out there. I've been using Kaspersky for a long time but it doesn't seem like it does as well in testing as it did in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by BonGr View Post
              I'm hoping some reputable sites like AV Comparitives will start testing this (maybe they already have). It would be interesting to see how it compares to the other products out there. I've been using Kaspersky for a long time but it doesn't seem like it does as well in testing as it did in the past.

What do you say? That K-AV engineers ruined the KAV?:)

Comment

Originally posted by devit View Post
                What do you say? That K-AV engineers ruined the KAV?:)

I bet he wants to say Kaspersky isn`t what it used to be once...

Comment

If I had to pay for an antivirus I think Id give Kaspersky a try.

On the Synamtic topic, Norton and anything Norton is so ****ing crap. There was a thread once on Norton Ghost. OMG people dont even waste your time with that crap. Get Acronis.
                  Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
                  Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
                  Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
                  Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
                  Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
                  G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
                  2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
                  Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
                  2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
                  Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
                  Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
                  Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
                  ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
                  Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
                  Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
                  Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
                  NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
                  1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
                  Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Comment

I think i would pay too for NOD and KAV. And maybe for BitDefender

Comment

I tried it. I found that using Firefox made me think I was using Windows8 for one. The second thing that bothered me about it was that it turned on auto update without asking. God knows what ever else it did that I'm not aware of yet.
                      On the other hand some one from another site said it found something that other programs he had didn't find. So, would I try it, yes. Would i keep it on my machine, up to you.

Comment

Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1676.0

xp x86
                        http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/28/202...re-en-us-xp.zip

Vista/Win 7 x86
                        http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/28/202...-vista-win7.zip

Vista/Win 7 x64
                        http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/28/202...-vista-win7.zip

Comment

I heard good review about it. however I haven't tested it my own.
                          I still like Avast and malwarebytes combination.
                          Windows XP Drivers | HP Drivers

Comment

Working...
                          X