Nero Express missing - LG Slim Ultra DVD/CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero Express missing - LG Slim Ultra DVD/CD

I bought the LG Slim Ultra for my Acer netbook - very nice and works well ... except that it won't install the Nero Express software that comes with it. When I click on "Install Nero", it sends me to Nero.com and the only thing I can do is install Nero 9 (basic version).

Any help would be appreciated. Tx.

Re: Nero Express missing - LG Slim Ultra DVD/CD

Just my opinion, but I have not been happy with the Nero Express utility. Nero has become bloatware and will sometimes have issues recognizing DVD+R disks. I have migrated to Ashampoo and have had very good results. It is freeware and available from your typical download sites like download.com

This won't help you install your Nero package, but it WILL give you a very workable alternative that I am happy with.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Noted and thanks. Certainly worth exploring.

Comment

Thanks.

Here how I solved the problem. Ensure all NERO software has been removed.

1. Insert Nero CD and start installation. This will open up a window asking for an email address. Put it in. Then this will open up the NERO web site. Try to close it - I had to reboot my netbook to get out of it.

2. Once rebooted, go back to the NERO web site and download the latest Nero 7 version: <!--coloro:#800080--><!--/coloro-->http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-nero7-update.php<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->.

3. Install new software. When asked about the serial no., insert your CD - it should automatically pick it up.

Now, I have Nero 7 Essentials working nicely.

Comment

Glad you got it working. Thanks for the step by step to get things running smoothly. Hopefully it will help others who run into the same issue.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Hey, always ready to help out. Others did the same for me.

Comment

Working...
            X