Nero 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero 7

Hi, im using Nero 7 Ultra Edition and i have some problems when using the Express for Transcoding..
    Im trying to burn some tv shows from my HDD to a DVD so i can watch them on the tv.. They are currently in AVI format.. But my probelm is when i try to transcode 6 Episode (50min long) into vob format using nero i find that after 2 1/2 hours later the video and audio is out of sync.. The Audio is like 20sec faster then the video and the video is like in slow mo or somthink....
    Could it be that my pc is trancoding to fast as when i watch the preview box while transcoding its giong really fast..
    If someone knows my problem could you replie ASAP

Re: Nero 7

Nero doesn't do a good job transcoding long video's or multiple videos. Maybe if you leave it alone, are up to date on your drivers and codecs, and have a lot of ram it will work just fine.

I use ConvertXtoDVD, bought it in December. Works better than Nero EVER did. And it's a lot quicker too.

If there is a way to disable the preview in Nero, do it. The less things running (AV) the better. Nero sucks.

Comment

I've had some good experience with Ulead. No de-synchronization problem thus far. I've converted, burned, and played everything from 4:3 mpeg2 to 2.35:1 xvids onto DL DVD-Video mpeg2 with no problems.

Nero should be used for burning, and that's about it. It does that better than any other software. It does media encoding and decoding worse than many commercial software programs and worse than most freeware. I'm just not sold on half the stuff that comes in Nero Ultra. Nero has always been able to convert mpeg2 into VCD/SVCD/DVD-Video just fine, but converting what is probably a mpeg4 variant and probably 4:3 resolution is something else.

Other than Nero just sucking and encoding video, certainly you could have bad video codecs. What format are the videos in? And AVI is not a format, it's a file extension that stands for audio/video interlaced, and does not refer to the codec used to encode the video.

Also, have you verified that the video plays back with proper synchronization from the source files? De-synchronization is far more common with the source video recorded from a TV tuner than video converted in software.

For the record, the preview shown has little bearing on what the final product is. On any modern processors (P4 2.4c/AthlonXP 3200 or better) the video will encode faster than realtime, and the preview represents what is being encoded as it's being encoded.

Comment

Thanks i will try that other program that u use...
        And ive got k-lite codec pack installed so i can run nearly all formats...

The Videos that im trying to convert are in a Xvid video format and the audio is in a mp3 format

Comment

Working...
        X