full screen = restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full screen = restart?

everytime i run any programs that runs full screen, my computer goes blank and restarts. what the heck? does anybody know how to fix this?

Re: full screen = restart?

Not with the information you've given us...

For starters, system specs are needed. Motherboard, processor, RAM, video card, operating system and service packs applied to it. CPU-Z (in my sig) can help you with that.

Now is it reall any program you try to run in full screen? Do web browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer) and word processors (e.g. Microsoft Office) really cause the computer to restart?

Also, go to Start > Run and run eventvwr.msc and tell us what's in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
      Also, go to Start > Run and run eventvwr.msc and tell us what's in there.
      That's assuming that he's running a Windows os that that will work with.

truly, you must give both hardware and software details if we are to be able to start helping you.

Comment

Mobo: soyo p4ipe (soyo plus dragon 2 v.1.0)
        CPU: P4 2.8G (northwood)
        RAM: DDR-SDRAM 512mb x2 (PC 3200) nothing oc'd
        Vid Card: Radeon 9800 Pro
        Windows xp, no sp's

Comment

I would do the following:-

1/ Go into safemode and remove the graphics driver and monitor drivers

Restart and go back into windows reinstalling the drivers when prompted and see if this resolves the problem.

2/ Download any driver updates for monitor and card and install them.

3/ Check whether your board contains a via chipset if it does install the VIA 4 in 1 Drivers.

Comment

At least get SP1 or SP2... Even working on poorly-maintained Windows XP machines as often as I do I rarely see one that doesn't even have Service Pack 1. Most people won't have made it this far and not had crippling computer problems without SP1, and any new machines will have at least SP1, though the vast majority will have SP2. Whether or not it's the cause of this problem, I don't know, but I wouldn't be suprised.

I'd also make sure you're using updated Catalyst for your 9800 Pro from www.ATI.com. This is a much more likely cause of the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X