Best P.C. based viewer for DivX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best P.C. based viewer for DivX

Whats the best viewer for viewing DivX files\movies? I'm guessing that maybe some look better than Windows Media player.

i just use media player. u could try the divx player i think you can get it from divx.com

Comment

I just use DivX

Comment

I also use Media Player. If you head over to www.divx.com you can find a downloadable utility that will install the necessary codec files into MP and also give you the choice of installing a seperate DivX movie player; all free.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

They aren't kidding when they say "add-supported," Darth.....
          Download free DivX video software to play & convert video, including DivX, AVI, MKV, and HEVC. Easily play AVI and convert to MP4 (Windows)

Get the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack...
          The Final Builds Site is a web-site with links to the latest free software, installation instructions, FAQ and more...

Comes with alternatives to Real, Quicktime, Divx, and Windows Media Player It has codecs for all of them, some for WMP, all for WMP Classic, which is what replaces QuickTime if you don't like it.

I've never needed anything else.

Comment

I was going to install the free file some of you recommended from Divx .com but notice it claims to be free since its sponsored by GATOR.
            A Divx player in exchange for a bloated computer loaded with all the lastest, greatest Spyware:shock: . Thats not for me, but was wondering if purchasing the paid version of the program minus the nasty Spyware would actually be an improvement over Windows media player when viewing Divx movies on a P.C.. Can you get DVD quality from Divx in full view?

Comment

No. It won't view it any better than WMP with the codec pack installed. In fact, I like WMP much better than the DivX player (which I have tried). The quality of the movie is based almost entirely on the movie itself. beyond that, the video card, monitor, and your resolution are the only factors.

Comment

I'll look into that, but when I downloaded the free version it does not force you to install the adware garbage.

Yep, just checked it out and it has changed slightly, but if you look directly beneath the graph with the three options, you'll still be able to download just the necessary codec files for use in the Media Player without the adware. It just doesn't give you the free player anymore.

Sorry about that, I hadn't realized they had changed up their download schemes.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Working...
                X