Lookup Ofice Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookup Ofice Key

Is there a simple way of looking up what product key is used for an installation of Office 2000? (or any verison). This is completely legit and legal - all the linceces involved are paid for.

Most of our users at work have the small business version of office. One of those users (User A) needs powerpoint, which is not included in that version. Only one user (User B) has the Premium version with powerpoint included.

I can install the premium version on User A, no problem. But I need to lookup the licnece installed on on the pc of User A before i replace it, so I know which key to put in when i replace the premium version on User B with the small business licence from User A.

Is this clear?

I'm not sure how you can do this without doing something illegal, but you could just use OpenOffice. It has PowerPoint support, it just doesn't work quite as well as Office. It's still very nice though, and completely free.
    The official home page of the Apache OpenOffice open source project, home of OpenOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base.

Comment

a great little program for finding your Win/Office CD keys

Comment

AIDA 32 will show you the licence keys for all software installed on the computer.
        it also shows other usful info about your system

Comment

Marky-boy: If you are using Microsoft's open licensing agreement like we do at out offices, you really don't need to concern yourself with a specific registration key. When you purchase the licenses for the Office products, your key is the same for all products. As long as you have no more than the specified number of Power Point installed on your machines, you're good to go.

If you are using individual software packages on your business machines, I'd recommend looking into the open licensing provided by Microsoft. It makes it a really simple matter to reinstall software when it becomes necessary to reformat machines since the registration key is always the same and you just have to monitor WHAT software is installed during the system rebuild.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X