Screen/Desktop Recorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen/Desktop Recorder?

Does anyone know of a good screen/desktop recorder? I'm making a BF1942 movie and a Max Payne (first one) movie. So far everything I've tried hasnt worked :( . Thx, : peace2: Mista K6

For gaming? FRAPS. For normal desktop? Camtasia.

Comment

I can't use FRAPS for what I got it for.

I wanted to capture videos of my races in NFSU, but I can't record because it slows down the system too much and I can't drive.

Maybe I need another Raptor in RAID...just one isn't fast enough...

Comment

FRAPS is a fair hit on the system, so most people recommend dropping your resolution back down to 800 x 600 or 640 x 480, so it's doing less work, and rendering less video.

Comment

I tried that and its still slow.

I'm pretty sure its a HD bottleneck (a single Raptor evidentally isn't enough).

Comment

Yes it takes a large hit in performance, how I wish we had comps that could not only capture but also compress the video during the play. So that one could have Divx files of the session right there when finished gaming. Now that would have some impact on ya fps..

When will we be there in computing power..? 10 years..??

Comment

Just output via S-video to a card with S-video input and record... :) works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                card with S-video input
                Ain't got none..

Comment

Unfortunately the card that im using is the one with the input.

The input/output is used by the same port. I'm not sure if you could somehow use that for going both ways at the same time...

Comment

I think you'd come back to the same problem, which would be the processing power / HDD writing required to both play the game well and record the video (and compress if need be).

Comment

I am ordering a 9800 Pro later this week or the next.

I think an AIW would be nice to have in this situation...but they're just out of my price range.

Comment

I got a 9700 Pro AIW a couple months after release. Cost a heap, but in the end I think it was worth it. Unfortunately, I'm gonna hold on to that card for as long as I can, so I'll fall behind in the video card stakes pretty quick.

Comment

Re: Screen/Desktop Recorder?

For what's it worth, here is what I use. You can try this for free and if it is any good it only cost 10 bucks. I use it for almost anything.
                          http://www.easyscreencapturevideo.com
                          Some stuff still has a black screen but most things are easy to record. Any way it is free to try so if it doesnt work who cares. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X