No announcement yet.

print screen to jpeg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny I've never had a prob with Paint but I've been usin' Paintshop Pro 7 for quite some time now and the same instructions work with that as well. Beer in my glass atm.

Comment

When you use a program such as FRAPS or Clipper to take screenshots, i'm assuming it uses the same code as Paint to save the image and would give the same quality?

Or am I wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        Funny I've never had a prob with Paint but I've been usin' Paintshop Pro 7 for quite some time now and the same instructions work with that as well. Beer in my glass atm.

PAINTSHOP PRO RULES!!!

Comment

I use Gif's most the time. I own Adobe Photoshop 7. (Yes It's actually actually legal)

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
            When you use a program such as FRAPS or Clipper to take screenshots, i'm assuming it uses the same code as Paint to save the image and would give the same quality?

Or am I wrong...
            Not sure if they use the same code / technique as Paint or not, but Paint does seem to save pictures with a lesser quality than PSP or Photoshop.. from my experience anyways.

Comment

all I know is that yu press print screen then go to your ediitor and then go to edit and press paste as new image

Comment

As far as I know, only PSP has 'Paste as New Image'.

Plus, you can simply right-click on the blank PSP window and Paste as New Image that way. :)

Comment

I know, actually this is one of my newest favorite discoveries!!
                  taking pictures out of movies. wish you can do more than one at a time!

Comment

oh yah, when you play a game on your pc, print screen works on that too!!!! not everything though

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                      As far as I know, only PSP has 'Paste as New Image'.
                      in GiMP it's File\Aquire\From Clipboard

You can also use Gimp it self to take screen shots, which is just a cary-over from it's Linux version :)

Comment

I don't understand that clipboard thing.....Dunno how to recall it, (bring it up to my attention

Comment

using winXP?

type clipbrd into Run
                          for some reason they didn't see fit to give easy access to the clipboard in XP :shrug:

if you want to make your own shortcut, the exe is here: C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe

Comment

I'm at 98, can upgrade if I want to that, is is something to consider?

Comment

doesn't 98 have a link to the clipboard in the start menu (start\programs\accessories\...)? I think it does, but it's been a while since i used 98 so i don't really recal :shrug:

Comment

Originally posted by TwizlZone
                                I know, actually this is one of my newest favorite discoveries!!
                                taking pictures out of movies. wish you can do more than one at a time!
                                File - Import - Screen Capture - Setup. Tick the box that says Multiple captures. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X