No announcement yet.

OK...I need to burn this file...HOW???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...I need to burn this file...HOW???

This is a file I got on a guitar forum I visited. I have been playing guitar for 24 years and have never heard anything like this guy! What I want to do, is burn the file onto a CD to be viewed by windows media player so that I can keep it forever, but there is one problem.....the media is STREAMING VIDEO! How do I get it into a file format so that I can burn it?? I have nero 5.5 and win xp with a LG 52x32x52 cd burner. Is there some softeware that will capture this video?? Please give me a step by step.Thanks! Here is the file:
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Before you go about installing more software, take a quick peek in your Temporary Internet Files folder and see if it might be saved there. Sometimes it will, but not always. If not, then maybe others can give you some advice regarding what utilities will work for you. They're out there, but I've not used them and am not familiar with what works and what doesn't.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I ran into the same problem when trying to download the Apple 20th anniversary video. It saves it to your temp folder, but the problem is, explorer will not let you copy it out of that folder! Once you close Internet Explorer, its gone.

Comment

Depends on the settings. I just experimented with it and was able to not only see the media file, but save it off as well. It is a 3368KB file, so check it out and retrieve it from the TIF folder.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Thanks!
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Working...
          X