Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create photo Cd ? [merged]

How do I create a photo cd ?

I,E - I have family photo's that ive collected over a while and ive got them stored on my pc,,,,thing is, I dont have them backed up on cd and iam beggining to get a little worried incase my harddrive packs in and ive lost them all, as we all know this happens now and again !!!

Soooo, question is, how do I go about putting all the pic's onto disk that I can use on a standard DVD player in order to view them ?? Do the pic's have to be in a certain type of format ? Do I need some kind of program to allow me to do this ??? etc etc etc blah blah blah...

Can someone tell me the in's and outs of this procedure ?

Cheers...........

I have nero 6 by the way....

i use this to make image CDs that can be played on a computer: http://www.tlonstruct.com/cdview.htm

i use the limited version but it works quite well.

I think easy CD creator has the ability to make a DVD of images that you can view on your TV..

Comment

Ye mate, I know that much, ive got Nero 6, so iam sorted as far as the copy program go's but iam just not sure about what type of format etc that the pic's would actually need to be copied in in order to be able to view the pic's on a dvd player...
      Cheers anyway bud :cheers:

Anyone else help me ???

Comment

i have always used this HP Software that came with my printer. it works quite well, creates CD's on a fly, adds background music and it doesn't require any specific format either. i have used jpg, gif, png etc of images for the CDs.
        all the encoding etc. are done by the program itself.
        btw there are various howto's available on nero site. have you checked them? making a photo cd is also known as making a slide show.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Anyone any ideas about this ??
          Ive downloaded and installed nero 6, nero vision express and the dvd plugin...
          The nero 6 seems to work ok on its own but as soon as i introduce the vision express and plugin it F**ks with my pc, it makes the pc run all Jerky (stuttering) if ya know what i mean.....
          Then if i uninstall the programs and reboot, the computer works fine again, so its definetly some kinda problem with nero, anyone experiencing similar problems or same ???
          Iam using the direct copy's of the latest software from the nero website so its not anything to do with bad software download, ive tried installing/uninstalling a few times too but still doesnt work correctly...????????????

Anyone ?

Comment

What is the typical format that I would copy photos onto a cd with for viewing on a run of the mill standard dvd player ???

Would it be jpeg maybe ?

Anyone know ?

Comment

threads merged, too similar to be seperate.

Comment

you not getting it.
                actually a photo CD is nothing but a VCD with images as the basic component, instead of some mpeg's or some other file format.
                just try and create a VCD with Nero and when it asks you to add the files; add those pictures you want to burn. btw i don't use Nero to make image CDs but just cos u r having this problem (and for my own experience), i made one with Nero and it works fine. if you don't know how to do it, then as i said earlier, go to their site and look for how-to's. they have detailed how to's on making photo CDs.
                additionally, i have found the software i use. it came to me with one of the printers that i reviewed and is known as "HP Memories Disc Creator".
                you can get it from here

imo it is a great program, as it even allows you to add music to your photo CD.
                i hope it will help you now
                Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                jabber : [email protected]
                =======================
                Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thank you....thats what i like to hear...

You answered most of my question just there rather than me go looking, isnt thats what its all about ??? ask someone so ya dont have to go through the mill looking for help files etc ???

Anyway, thanks, all sounds good to me....cheers..

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

I found PictureToTv (Now called MemoriesOnTV 2.0) to be an easy to use program with some great effects, such as slide transitions, adding music and creating seperate albums.

MemoriesOnTV 2.0

Comment

Working...
                    X