IE can't access certain website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE can't access certain website

I have win xp with 374mb ram, dialing into AOL with 8.0 and 9.0, i was and still am editing my son's website through their ftp site. I normally used to dial into aol to establish a connection, then connect to the ftp site via dreamweaver or wsftp to edit and upload files. Well now, it seems i can't, and i can't access the actual http website either, says page not found. Yet, when i access the webpage through aol internally, i get to it fine, and if i go to the ftp site inside aol, i connect fine also, just outside of aol through i.e. i can't connect. Now, i have subscribed to Juno free internet, dial in with Juno, and guess what? I.E. connects fine, dreamweaver and wsftp connect fine. I have uninstalled/reinstalled AOL, have tried all i.e. settings, turned off, and uninstalled my firewall ( was only installed since i used to have dsl previously ), I am at a lost, i have no idea why all of a sudden i can't access this site only when dialing into aol and going through I.E. I contacted the network Admin of the school site, no blocks, others connect ok, of course AOL says not on their end.
    Anyone, Anyone have any ideas for me? ANY help is very greatly appreciated, please email me at: [email protected] with any comments or suggestions. Thanks alot guys

Jay

Im sure this isnt the first time you've heard this, but AOL sucks, and its a good possibility that its just AOL being the suck it usually is. AOL was not desgined for any type of advanced using past Web Browsing and AIM/Email. If you really want AOL, Id just call up their helpdesk and ask them, as the AOL network is one of mystery and complications that most advanced hackers cannot understand, I know I never figured it out :)

Bottom Line: Call tech support.

Comment

it sounds very much like an AOL problem to me, ethier with AOL specificly or the software on your PC. Try completely removing all traces of AOL (deleting directories & all registry setting too), then pick one version of the AOL software and install it fresh and see if that helps.

I'd also recomend switching ISP's and dumping AOL, but that wont help you right now :(

Comment

Working...
      X