need help finding an app.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding an app.

ok so heres the situation. I recently acquired a P4 comp and seeing as how i already have a better one i decided to give it to my bro n sis. They really like it alot and have lots of fun playing games on it and such.

well anyway here is the problem: they love to install trash programs on it like AOL and other screensaver and spyware crap. Im afraid they are going to mess it up like they did their old p2 comp. Can anyone reccomend an application that will allow me to limit what they can do on the computer? i would prefer a free application but would also pay if need be.

BTW the machine is running a fresh install of windows XP pro. i already tried to make them a limited account with windows but they are still able to install things.

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

for dealing with spyware, i prefer to use spybot s&d, but adaware works just as good.

instead of using the default 'limited' acct (which i think is crap), type "control userpasswords2" into Run, click Adv. tab, then Adv. button. From there customize a user group and add their accts to that group.
    Hope that helps :cheers:

Comment

minibubba...i love you :D thank you very much. that works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X