I cant get rid of Weather bug(Spyware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSR
    it did not, and spybot can't get rid of it on my machine, i'm telling you about a real problem, and all i get is flack..........maybe gator is tied to some other program, but it cannot be extracted from my registry, any useful suggestion from someone willing to assist, not bash, would be appreciated
    Useful suggestion? Format. Don't install in the first place.

Comment

i was afraid of that...........i think it has a sister program running in the backgroud or something like that....... that keeps it embedded, oh well, lived with it this long :(

Comment

If I remember correctly... And that's a big if...You will have to reinstall Weather bug and then use it's uninstall feature. It wants to go to their web page and you will be asked why you want to uninstall it. Just tell them on the form and when you are done, Weather bug should be gone. At least you can try it. Sure beats a format!!

Comment

you know, like distant cousins.........because i did have weatherbug on my computer, only to delete it, yet wasn't concerned as to telling them why............i wonder if i got it that way, because i never installed gator to begin with. one day it was just there, never to be removed no matter what i've tried..........maybe a reinstall of weatherbug would have an effect

Comment

try this after you reinstall. HTH

Comment

:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X