This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webe3
    Listen *******! I have had just about enough of your smart mouth! If you don't like what I said FINE! But don't be a DICKHEAD about it! I didn't start this ****.... YOU DID!
    So I'm an ******* you say? You certainly qualifie for the insulting/agressive type of people, ever heard of anger management..

I think you should power down your puter immideately and bury it 20 feet under in ya backyard before you get a visit from some tough guys from the government..:eek:

Comment

Listen *******! I have had just about enough of your smart mouth! If you don't like what I said FINE! But don't be a DICKHEAD about it! I didn't start this ****.... YOU DID!
      just chill man... a bit too much caffeine for one day, maybe?

If you think M$ is so evil, why are you using it's OS? I'm no fan of M$ and I even think you're taking this a bit far...

Comment

I do understand that because I have a opinion that is different from everybody elses on this board that I get laughed at and flamed for it! That's fine there are other places to go! But please do me a favor and try to understand things from my point of view! the_tweaker started all of this when I said that I didn't like MP9 and HE suggested that I "quit whining" and all he has done is act like an *******! So if I have offended anybody I am sorry, but I don't apolgise for what I said to him! That is all........
        first of all no one is stoppin to have an opinion and secondly please don't think that there is a flame war going on where you are being opressed b'cos you have a different point...NO...no one is doing it. even if someone is...you can simply ignore him.
        wat we are trying to make u understand is that you are saying THINGS that don't have any valid base or even existence on this earth.

I am afraid that microsoft is trying to get technology into their player that can track you.
        you said that? didn't you? you have any proof of it or forget about proof...just tell us where you heard it? its just your imagination...isn't it?

I just don't want to go to jail for playing an mp3 that I could already own but THE RECORDING INDUSTRY thinks it is illegal because they didn't take the time to check it out, rather relied on BOTS which have been known to mess up before ...GOT IT??
        you said that? didn't you? what is the meaning of that statement? at least i felt that you are saying that you can go to jail for playing a MP3 file. if i got a wrong impression, please correct me. i m always open for corrections and if i m not wrong then where did you get that idea from?

In the end...yes there are thousands of boards on net where you can go but imho if you express your opinion in a board, you should be able to defend it with some valid points :cheers: : peace2:
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

To tell you the truth, reading the posts back, I can see I have sounded a little paranoid! For that I apologise! I didn't mean to come off that way at all! What I was trying to say was that it just worries me when I see little things like DRM being put into players....not that they don't have a right to protect their property but because down the road a "little" thing could turn into a "big" thing and with it the potential for abuse. I guess the way that the RIAA is going after people, it would not surprise me at all if they tried to have talks with microsoft and others to be able to monitor who does what with whom in their softeware and not let anybody know about it! Look at how they have convinced the courts that a subpeona should just be filed by a COURT CLERK and not a judge or due process. But just WAIT until some child molester or murderer files one saying they are from the RIAA and obtains info about a person and they are harmed by the giving out of info that a JUDGE should do! THEN there will be hell to pay! But by that time, somebody could already be dead! BUT do you see the point I am making? It would have started out as a supbeona against filesharing, but could turn into something far more sinister!.(example: say an ex husband wanted to get ahold of his ex-wifes info to come to her house and kill her....well NOW all he has to do is act like he is from the RIAA and he could get her street address and phone number!) Something small turning into something big. Look at "remote assistance".... could that not be modified in a windows version to obtain info from somebodys computer without their knowledge?? Now I am not suggesting that microsoft is "big brother" or anything like that! If I belived that, I would leave them IN A HEARTBEAT! But I do see ways it COULD and I STRESS COULD be used for the wrong reasons. Mabye not DRM as we know it now, but something in the future that could make it possible to obtain information that was personal if the software were modified and all the time have people thinking that microsoft needed the info, but it was really being sent to another party! Again, I am not saying that it is that way now, I just worry about the potential for harm, not from DRM as it is, but mabye something launched from it.
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Webe3, thank you, thank, you, thank you....for finally calming down and making some good points. I actually agree with you! There is some room for abuse within DRM and WinMedia Player 9 such as what is done with the personal and system information that they can get, but just by being online you take the same risks. If you want to get REALLY paranoid, check this site out and read about what info you give out by just surfing. Good thing is, they also provide a lot of solutions.
            OK, I gotta ask....did you download codecs so you could PLAY your avi's? No one was bagging on you having an opinion, but the way you were stating them, it seemed like a rant, and you wanted PROOF from everyone else, but were unwilling to present any facts of your own or listen to anyone else. The loudest screamer doesn't win the debate. As for The_Tweaker....yeah, he likes to stir things up, and you fell right into it. The guy does know his stuff though. Tweaker... truce?:cheers: : peace2:

Comment

:rofl:

Comment

LOL funny pic, let's just hope they won't dig to deep in Webes backyard..

Comment

Well if he hasn't worked it out by now then bad luck as this thread is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                  X