AIM connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIM connection problem

ok well here it goes. my cuzin is down at ISU and she cant connect to AIM. they r using a broadband connection and she has no problem connecting to AOL. she told me in order to connect to AIM she needs to connect to AOL first and then it will let her log onto AIM. i dont knwo y it does this. i only have 1 idea that i can ask her to try and that is to go under aim prefrences and see if she can try to find a new port to connect to. i had her laptop at my house the other day and i was using aim and i also have a broadband connection and i had no problems.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanx, Tom

Instead of using AIM itself, use a third party program like Trillian and see if there's a connection issue.

Comment

if shes got broadband she doesnt need to connect to aol...get trillian like ole beefy says or just get the aim client.

Comment

another vote for 3rd party software here, I prefer Gaim myself, but Trillian is also quite good :thumb:

Gaim can be found here:

Download Pidgin IM for free. A universal instant messaging (IM) program . See https://pidgin.im/about/ for more information. Pidgin is an instant messaging program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously.

Comment

thanx for your help

Comment

Working...
          X