anyone know about codecs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know about codecs ?

If I was to try and run a film such as "the recruit", what and how do i load the codecs ??? I've got sound and a scrambled picture and I've tried different combanations but still not right....
    Anyone ?????
    cheers, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It depends on what CODEC was used for the encoding of the file. There are several out there, but DivX and XviD are the two most common at the moment. Once you know for sure what CODEC was used for the movie file, you can go about loading the proper files into your system to be able to see it correctly.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

more than likely you want the DivX codec. Even if it is not the right codec for your particular movie clip, you are sure to eventually download something that will need it.

Comment

You may want to download GSpot http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ and use it to check what codec was used to create the movie. (Yes it's free, and no, it has no malware/spyware attached that I could find). It's been awhile since I used the program but if I remember correctly it is pretty much self explainatory as to how to use it.

From what I understand it is best to be wary of randomly downloading and installing different "codec packs" as they can sometimes conflict with each other and make your movie viewing nearly impossible. Try to find and install just the codecs that you need.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
        X