Mozilla Firebird 0.70 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firebird 0.70 released

note: I was about to post this and I noticed its was on the front page, but I guess i'll post it anyway...

Mozilla Firebird 0.61 has been released!

[b] Mozilla Firebird is a speedy, full-featured browser that makes browsing more efficient than ever before. Firebird includes:

* comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
    * a tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
    * integrated search (powered by Google);
    * industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
    * simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
    * a streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
    * a large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser;

...and a number of other details that work together with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 is a Technology Preview. While this software works well in most cases, generally well enough to be relied upon as your primary browser, we make no guarantees of its performance or stability in its pre-1.0 state and it should not be relied upon for mission-critical tasks. See License Agreement for more information.
    Windows Download
    Linux Download
    Mac OS comming soon

Linux builds of Mozilla Firebird compiled with GTK 2 and XFT are now available from https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird...y/latest-trunk.

(http://www.mozilla.org/status/2003-09-02.html)

Comment

I like the unzip and run windows version.

and the minimalist and phusion themes are cool..

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
        I like the unzip and run windows version.

and the minimalist and phusion themes are cool..
        but that kind of version sucks in Linux :barf:
        menu names are too small...icons are small and AA fonts don't work and i don't know where to get the source from.
        the file on their site is just a zipped file that will help you to run it like the one you are talking.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

It works great for the most part. But Flash and java sites don't always work properly. But I still have IE :shoot2: as backup

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
            but that kind of version sucks in Linux :barf:
            menu names are too small...icons are small and AA fonts don't work and i don't know where to get the source from.
            the file on their site is just a zipped file that will help you to run it like the one you are talking.
            you can get the source here: http://ftp36.newaol.com/pub/firebird/releases/0.6.1/

the link in my previous post has firebird compiled with xtf, which i monst cases means AA, and it looks quite nice if you give it a try. The Icons can easily be chanded too, just right click on the Navigation Toolbar and choose 'Customize' then uncheck 'use small icons'

I have seen some console commands to make installing the compressed version work better, if I can find them again I'll point you in there direction :)

[b]But Flash and java sites don't always work properly
            have you tried getting the pluggins? I've never had a problem with Java or Flash sites :)

:cheers:

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by minibubba
              have you tried getting the pluggins? I've never had a problem with Java or Flash sites :)

well moste of those site are made by my friends. So I think the problem lies with them :p

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                thanx minibubba, i will give that link a try :)
                actually compiling from source makes your app lot faster as compared to the one that is pre-compiled
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                ======================
                =======================
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip :thumb:

EDIT: btw, here are those commands for installing Firebird: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=22567

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                    you can get the source here: http://ftp36.newaol.com/pub/firebird/releases/0.6.1/

the link in my previous post has firebird compiled with xtf, which i monst cases means AA, and it looks quite nice if you give it a try. The Icons can easily be chanded too, just right click on the Navigation Toolbar and choose 'Customize' then uncheck 'use small icons'

I have seen some console commands to make installing the compressed version work better, if I can find them again I'll point you in there direction :)

:cheers:
                    me neither. I just had to download a small reg file to make firebird my default browser. then install the netscape plugins for flash and media player. then reinstall QT, Acrobat Reader and a few other things and voila no need for IE..

Comment

An update regarding my favorite browser.
                      Mozilla Firebird 0.7 is out!!! :thumb:
                      Last Updated:
                      10th MARCH

======================
                      =======================
                      yabaa dabaa doo...
                      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

just about all of the major mozilla projects had a release yesterday. Thunderbird 0.3 and Mozilla 1.5 were also released! :D

Comment

Working...
                        X