Question about burning CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about burning CDs

I don't know which forum this should be in...hopefully this is the correct place...

When burning MP3s to CD, there seems to always be a 2 second automatic gap put in between tracks. Is there a way to get rid of this gap?

Currently, I use Windows Media Player 9 to burn CDs. If there is not a way to get rid of the time gap with WMP9, is there another program to burn CDs that allows you to get rid of the gap?

Thx!

Also, if anybody knows, if a CD burner if capable of x24, but the CD you are going to burn onto says x16 on it, will the burner only work at x16?

the 2 sec gap is caused because you have setup the burning to track at once
    i dont know how to change it in WMP9 but aheadNero burning rom has an option to change to disc at once which will allow you to change the delay or remove it altogether
    if the disc says 16x then it is advisable not to burn at a higher speed than this as it could lead to errors, but i think its possible to burn at a higher speed than the discs rated speed. its just not advised

Comment

I had umm 8x CDs i think, or 4x, and i always burnt at 16x without any problems. That was about 50 times i think, no problems. However when using CD-RWs, you can not burn faster. Im not sure if its just nero, but it doesnt even give me an option to burn faster.

And yes, nero give ya that option to get rid of the 2 seconds in between songs.

Comment

If you're copying MP3s to CDs, then you can't really use the Disk at Once option, right? I assume that is only used when copying from one CD to another.

Comment

you can use disc at once if you use nero by setting the write method to disc at once in the burn CD dialog box and then you can remove the pause by right clicking on the songs and selecting 0 seconds pause

Comment

Hey thx for the tip. I went Nero, and downloaded a plugin for WMP9. In the picture of the plugin's interface, I see an option that allows one to get rid of the 2 second delay. I downloaded the plugin, but I don't know how to use it. I open up WMP and it says the plugin is running in the background...but other than that, I can't find any way to use the plugin, change its options, etc, etc. As of right now, I don't see the point of the plugin since WMP can already burn CDs.

Any experience with the plugin?

Thx!

Comment

sorry mate i havent used the plugin before so youll have to wait for someone with a bit more experience than me

Comment

Hey, I got the plugin working fine. The only thing that bugs me about it is the fastest it will allow me to burn is 40x. My burner is capable of 52x.

The funny thing though is I just realized the software that came with the burner, which I never installed because I planned on using WMP, is Nero. So I installed the full Nero just to see if it will allow 52x. It won't! Why would the burner include software that won't allow you to use the full potential fo the burner!?! It's ridiculous...lol.

Comment

Ya burner maybe capable of that speed but is the media ya usin' capable of it? :?:

Comment

Wiggo has a good point there. My burner is capable of 52x write and I use Nero .... with 48x CDRs my burn speed is limited to 48x because of the disks. 40x vs. 52x prolly only means that it will take an additional 10 -15 seconds to burn a music disk anyway.
                    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
                    X