Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Program that can rip the audio from a DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program that can rip the audio from a DVD?

Hi, I have a music video DVD, but I'm tired of having to watch the DVD to listen to the music. Is there a program that allows me to turn the DVD's audio tracks into MP3s?

Thx!

P.S.: I tried a few from Downloads.com, and they either didn't work, or the sound quality was horrible.

You can find some info here:
    http://www.doom9.org/

The best place.

Under "Guides" you find how to do it, with good quality.

Comment

Thx. I checked that site, but can't find a program that does what I'm looking for. Maybe one of them does do it, but I'm not sophisticated enough to understand how I can do it with any program there (I couldn't find anything that dicussed ripping the audio only from DVDs). Do you happen to know which program does what I need?

Thx for the help!

tj

Comment

So what you are trying to do is extract the audio from DVD movie clips? A video DVD doesn't have audio tracks like a CD, it's part of the movie file. As for extracting the audio as MP3, I personally don't know of any software that will do this for you, but there's a couple long and complicated processes that aren't really worth the effort...

Comment

There actually are a couple programs that claim they do it. I tried them, and their quality was crappy. I was thinking there must be a program that can do it with decent quality....

Comment

u can select what video files you want to extract from the DVD using dvd decrypter.

However im not sure if u can select audio files to extract :confused:

take a look, you might get lucky.

They most likely wont be in mp3 format, you will have to get an audio converter software to do it for you.

Comment

Sorry for not been clear. Beefy is right, it may be a litte complicated.

Ok, there are two ways:
              * Extract all the audio and then cut it, or
              * cut the "tracks" and then convert them.

Extract all the audio: You only need to programs, Robo4Rip and one to cut (split) mp3, for example "Mp3DirectCut" (try to find a better one). Robo4Rip is included here:
              http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/g...p.exe?download

Install it and follow this guide to configure it and to extract the audio:
              http://www.doom9.org/r4r-guide.htm

After it finishes the job, you will have a mp3 file, now you have to cut it into single tracks. And that's all.

I'm very bad to explian things in the easiest way (add the fact I don't speak English), but I hope it helps and not the opposite.

Comment

Thx for the suggestions! I found a program there that works well. I am currently cutting the giant MP3 file into individual tracks.

Thx again!

Comment

Tell me how it worked out as I'm a little intrested in learning this particular process myself.. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X